gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 24, 2024, 02:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Selling
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Selling  (Read 2792 times)

ozone

Re: Selling
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 07:22 AM »

High spec builds for under a 1K.  Aero reflex, Streetbeats and Firebird freestylers .?

I think it was Matt who mentioned high spec, not me.  I was on about the TS2, Skyway and Haro framesets that could be picked up for around £150 which I was into at that time anyway.  Most of the other bits like MX1000s etc. were a click away at the likes of Skatepool, Rudewheels, the Badger and Alans.   :daumenhoch:

ozone

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 07:38 AM »
After experiencing the good old days of being able to buy a NOS frameset and furnish it with NOS kit for under 1K, I wouldn't dream of paying the current going rate for polished/restored or NOS/fitted parts.

I'll leave that to noobs who don't know any different.    ;)

Well its not "noobs" selling them the parts though is it?

Your comment isn't community minded at all IMO

I know it isn't.  They probably bought their tat for buttons but it won't matter if you are desperate for that part will it? 

My opinion wasn't meant to offend, hence the wink smiley,  :-[ merely saying it how I see it with tongue firmly in cheek. 

I remember buying NOS MX1000s for under 50 quid so I couldn't bring myself to spend over £250 on a set that somebody has had fitted to half a dozen builds. 

If you entered the game when prices were at their current level, you can't really use the prices of ten years ago as a reference point of how daft things have gotten thanks to the actions a few unscrupulous indivduals ramping things up and setting benchmarks that people set their prices against.   :angel:

As others have said, mega rare stuff will always command high prices but I'm pretty shocked when I see £20 MX901s going for over £100.   :wtf:

ET reps are ten a penny as well.   ;D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 07:40 AM »
I agree that prices have been fricking stupid over the last year or so, be nice to complete a bike to a high spec under 1k nowadays but just isn't possible.

It can be done Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 07:49 AM »
 ;)   :daumenhoch:

The NOS 85 Masters were even cheaper from Coopers , you could still have your choice of white or green  up to around 2005 /2006  :daumenhoch:

Yes Alans , NOS Kashi Aeros £39.99 ,,MX1000 £29.99  etc .

but I don't think it will go back to those prices .

Plus these prices haven't been anywhere near that since before 2005 ,, so I suppose doesn't  really explain the thread topic of down turn in recent sales
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:02 AM by Hunterdubber »

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 08:05 AM »
After experiencing the good old days of being able to buy a NOS frameset and furnish it with NOS kit for under 1K, I wouldn't dream of paying the current going rate for polished/restored or NOS/fitted parts.

I'll leave that to noobs who don't know any different.    ;)

Well its not "noobs" selling them the parts though is it?

I know it isn't.  They probably bought their tat for buttons but it won't matter if you are desperate for that part will it? 

My opinion wasn't meant to offend, hence the wink smiley,  :-[ merely saying it how I see it with tongue firmly in cheek. 

I remember buying NOS MX1000s for under 50 quid so I couldn't bring myself to spend over £250 on a set that somebody has had fitted to half a dozen builds. 

If you entered the game when prices were at their current level, you can't really use the prices of ten years ago as a reference point of how daft things have gotten thanks to the actions a few unscrupulous indivduals ramping things up and setting benchmarks that people set their prices against.   :angel:

As others have said, mega rare stuff will always command high prices but I'm pretty shocked when I see £20 MX901s going for over £100.   :wtf:

ET reps are ten a penny as well.   ;D

I guess over time everything increases in value, even your leotard collection Ozone  :LolLolLolLol:

Unless we're still building in our 50's & 60's the bubble will eventually burst as the guys and gals coming into disposable income were riding mid-school in their youth, give it a few years and even that crap will become valuable  :buck2:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 08:58 AM »
All going tits up... Only worth the memory.. Fooked if you ask me. :10_2_12:

isnt the memory what its all about? the value should be incidental but it becomes detrimental when buying for investment replaces appreciation.

not a dig at you Pooch  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 10:43 AM »
so I suppose doesn't  really explain the thread topic of down turn in recent sales

That was my reason for starting this thread my lovely, its about the down turn in sales, not whether things are overpriced or not, I've just noticed that stuff ain't shifting like it was even a few months ago.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 10:43 AM »
Its definately the memories for me  :daumenhoch:

I build my bikes on the premise that they will ridden. I like to ride them as that is where I get the memories from. I also like to build them, including the wheels, and like to put new parts on as I would have back then.

I build most of the bikes I do as I like the look of the geometry or it is something I would never have had the chance to back then, like the Direct Links. If I dont like the feel, then I split the bike, sell the parts at cost or even a loss a lot of the time but, I do it because I want to, not for a profit. I dont have the space like many on here so am limited to what I can keep and have had to make some hard decisions as to what to move on and not.

I find it hard now to even get a trade on parts. It is a shame  :(
BANNED

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 11:03 AM »
Its definately the memories for me  :daumenhoch:

I build my bikes on the premise that they will ridden. I like to ride them as that is where I get the memories from. I also like to build them, including the wheels, and like to put new parts on as I would have back then.

I build most of the bikes I do as I like the look of the geometry or it is something I would never have had the chance to back then, like the Direct Links. If I dont like the feel, then I split the bike, sell the parts at cost or even a loss a lot of the time but, I do it because I want to, not for a profit. I dont have the space like many on here so am limited to what I can keep and have had to make some hard decisions as to what to move on and not.

I find it hard now to even get a trade on parts. It is a shame  :(

Its all about the money for me

Stop being such a hippy Terry  :LolLolLolLol:

PS. I'm sure we can trade some parts once i'm back in front of them  :daumenhoch:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Terry is a lying bastard.

Chris is just a bastard.

Lots of people want plates but can't get any because you've got 'em all Matt!!

leehunt1

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Im the biggest BASTARD..!!

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2013, 05:49 PM »
All going tits up... Only worth the memory.. Fooked if you ask me. :10_2_12:

isnt the memory what its all about? the value should be incidental but it becomes detrimental when buying for investment replaces appreciation.

not a dig at you Pooch  :daumenhoch:
no offence taken..  :-*
It's been and still is worth the good old memory's.  :daumenhoch:

Griff loves BUM..

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 06:00 PM »
I'm just a horder and tight with my cash  :P
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2013, 06:06 PM »

I concur.
You sold me a nos tech 2 which turned up on time and was perfectly as described....... no note or toffees thought  :yahoo_silent:

where's the love?  :-\
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:08 PM by oldschoolace »
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

leehunt1

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 06:10 PM »

I concur.
You sold me a nos tech 2 which turned up on time and was perfectly as described....... no note or toffees thought  :yahoo_silent:

where's the love?  :-\

I stuck them up my bum before i sent them  ;D

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 06:45 PM »

Chris is just a bastard.

Go get a plate from Debenhams Rich, i'm sure they sell nice floral ones that'll improve your builds no end  :D

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 06:50 PM »

Chris is just a bastard.

Go get a plate from Debenhams Rich, i'm sure they sell nice floral ones that'll improve your builds no end  :D

Snob...!!

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2013, 01:08 AM »
I've got no money :'(
I built a nice patty but the mrs found out so it got split along with some other frames  :'(

But I've found god  :daumenhoch: and he loves us all

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2013, 01:11 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:
No I've found mid school and everything works better
20 almost done and a trip to Harrogate on Monday with the wife and kids to pick up a crowser :daumenhoch:

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2013, 01:29 AM »
:LolLolLolLol:
No I've found mid school and everything works better
20 almost done and a trip to Harrogate on Monday with the wife and kids to pick up a crowser :daumenhoch:
you on the mushrooms again??  :LolLolLolLol:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2013, 01:33 AM »
All that yawning and teary eyes were  lost years ago but itll soon be time for the mushroom season !
John but I'm back :daumenhoch: building

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2013, 05:56 PM »
All that yawning and teary eyes were  lost years ago but itll soon be time for the mushroom season !
John but I'm back :daumenhoch: building
:daumenhoch:
Griff loves BUM..

ozone

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2013, 12:33 PM »

Maybe you've put your finger on it inadvertently?

If people are setting their prices on here based on eBay auction prices, that isn't really community-minded either is it?  If you can buy said items on eBay for less with buyer protection etc. why would you pay more on a forum full of like-minded people who are supposedly into the hobby for the love?   :-\

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2013, 05:01 PM »
ive found since returning that theres  an abundance of low to mid range items for sale all the time, but the REALLY NICE stuff rarely
appears anymore. a few years back if you dipped into the for sale section at any time you could guarantee to find a plethora of
sexy bits. now your lucky if you see high end items at all.

I've got complete bikes for sale , what do you want John  :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Selling

gfxgfx
gfx gfx