gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 24, 2024, 02:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Selling
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Selling  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Selling
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Howdy, not been on here much recently but when I have popped back from time to time, I see that the For Sale part is looking a little slow. Is it me or are things just not selling like they used to nowadays? I think things have really slowed down recently, even items on ebay that would normally be way up there isn't even getting 1 bid. Chatting to someone the other day it seems that everything is still doing ok abroad in terms of sales but here in the UK for old school stuff it seems to be slowing down, or prices becoming more realistic. What do you think?

Matt  :)

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Selling
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:22 PM »
I totally agree!!  Ive been trying to raise some cash for about a week now...reduced my stuff a couple of times and still nothing  :(

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 12:22 PM »
I moved.
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 12:28 PM »
Its the time of year if you ask me, things always slow down when the weather is bobbins  :)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 12:29 PM »
I've been thinking the same. All the government cuts are starting to take hold now and even the those in well paid jobs are starting to feel the squeeze. Noticed that DX pedals aren't getting the prices on ebay that they used too. The 'exotic' pieces are still commanding their usual high prices though. Probably being sent overseas.

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 12:34 PM »
The bubble has burst and people are moving to mid school. Sell your stuff now before it all goes down the swannee and you haemorrhage massive losses.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Totally agree Matt.

Unless it is a real bargain, something thats been needed for a long long time or a rare piece, things are not shifting. People are thinking twice now about dipping in their pockets or even moving on parts. I cant even get trades ffs  :idiot2:

Not so many active members either these days, on all forums. The Museum is slow moving even with big parts coming up at present. I think the only nation that is not suffering so much is Oz.

Some disagree though and think it's still as vibrant as it was but I think the same as you.

Has it peaked and dying off?
BANNED

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 12:47 PM »
Selling stuff seems pretty slow I agree - unless you have one of the 'fad builds' like an ET to move  ;D

I think people are being far more picky when it comes to buying stuff and hunt down better value parts just to get a build 'fix' and a bike done. The reissue parts might have a part to play in this - I just wish they'd reissue the Elina's....

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 02:00 PM »
I do tend to think that some of the standard stuff has been sold and the better end stuff is being held back

prices are high on some of the stuff that use to be a fare price - so bits will sit there longer or off to ebay

people are holding back there money, as the cost of living is getting stupid  :crazy2:

so hopefully prices will come down to sell and the rest will follow

have parts started to dry up as now every one has looked in there garage, shed, loft ? I know a lot of parts came about after the people didn't throw bits away and started putting them on ebay to make a bit of money
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 03:06 PM »
It's slow because stuff is not worth what people have paid and now want for stuff; because someone pays over the top to get that part does not mean it is worth that much when they go to sell it.  Plus some people want too much, I recently saw an Elina Flyte Tech seat for sale at $250au that's about $150 over the odds for it; just people being greedy.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 03:53 PM »
spurs season tickets are selling quicker matt :2funny:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 04:14 PM »
At least they're selling, Arsenal can't even give theirs away.  >:D

Yep stuff is defo slowing down and prices are getting lower, good thing for the buyer but people will now hold on to their stuff because they want good money for it which isn't a good thing for peeps that want to still build a bike.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 04:45 PM »
The rare high end gear I can safely report is selling easy. I have just sold my GHP Trix for BIG money to a guy in OZ. I wasn't even looking to sell it but I had two almost identical cash offers which even surprised me and an unbelievable trade offer.  :coolsmiley:

Rare, high end and OZ is where is at.  :daumenhoch:

Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

hooga1975

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Bollax, I want to sell my Hutch Pro Racer  :knuppel2:

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 05:12 PM »
All going tits up... Only worth the memory.. Fooked if you ask me. :10_2_12:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 06:15 PM »
ive found since returning that theres  an abundance of low to mid range items for sale all the time, but the REALLY NICE stuff rarely
appears anymore. a few years back if you dipped into the for sale section at any time you could guarantee to find a plethora of
sexy bits. now your lucky if you see high end items at all.

PS anyone got any yellow skyway pro pads or gen2 profile cranks   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 06:19 PM »
Not so many active members either these days, on all forums

This ^

2 minutes turkish...

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 06:59 PM »
I think high end stuff still sells no problem ,, I sell and buy alot by pm  .  :)

The For sale section on here is slow as alot of people want it for less  .

To be honest,,, IMO there's a feww reasons sales may seem slower

The obvious ,,Global economy ,,many tightening their purse strings , as everything has increased in price, fuel ,leisure , living  :(

over the past years a lot of members sold their parts for a profit and now complain 2 or 3 years on they can't afford to pay the prices ,, but they were happy to sell making a  big profit and help bump prices up , and now regret selling  their irreplaceable builds  :smitten:

or  the 75% of members who come, for a couple of years , done the bikes they wanted to and gone. ::)

The main biggest killer of Old school parts sales is REPRODUCTION parts,, if it wasn't for these , the genuine O/S parts market would be alot busier  :-\

The big compnies who've seen the market ,churned out phoney retro gear have made a killing and will probably tell you they still are , so no downturn for them  :crazy2:

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:04 PM by Hunterdubber »

ozone

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 07:28 PM »
After experiencing the good old days of being able to buy a NOS frameset and furnish it with NOS kit for under 1K, I wouldn't dream of paying the current going rate for polished/restored or NOS/fitted parts.

I'll leave that to noobs who don't know any different.    ;)

I really do hope the ar$e falls out of the scene ASAP which will p!ss off the band-wagoners who regard OSBMX as nothing more than a moneyspinner or investment.  The people who are in it for the love won't mind though will they?   >:D

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 07:59 PM »
I agree that prices have been fricking stupid over the last year or so, be nice to complete a bike to a high spec under 1k nowadays but just isn't possible.

chubby

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 09:03 PM »
most people are skint !!!

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 09:37 PM »
most people are skint !!!
what he said
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Is it me
Yes it is, answer your text message or I'll be spending money elsewhere!  :knuppel2:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14 PM »
After experiencing the good old days of being able to buy a NOS frameset and furnish it with NOS kit for under 1K, I wouldn't dream of paying the current going rate for polished/restored or NOS/fitted parts.

I'll leave that to noobs who don't know any different.    ;)

Well its not "noobs" selling them the parts though is it?

Your comment isn't community minded at all IMO

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 10:48 PM »
Despite what folk think there's actually still plenty of cash in this scene, maybe not on RAD or at least those with the cash are not spending for whatever reason. I've recently chose to sell a few parts from my haul through people asking me if I have certain things and I get pm's all the time, the cash is there its just not free flowing and folk are choosing their parts more careful.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Selling

gfxgfx
gfx gfx