gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  grip dying?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: grip dying?  (Read 716 times)

cdt808

grip dying?
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:57 PM »
ok guys ... so the SE Mauler I bought on here recently didn't come with any grips. So, after looking for some blue murray ones (I did find some but the chap on the museum wouldn't send to the UK  ::) :( ) I have had to accept that I have little chance of finding the correct ones.

So bought these as an SE alternative - correct colour dark blue but I could do with the white (removable) sections to be light blue like the bar pad in the photo. Will these dye do you know? I know tuffs will but these are more rubber than plastic. Any thoughts and help guys???

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: grip dying?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:02 PM »
In all honesty? Those grips have no place on any bike, let alone an old mauler.  Sorry you did ask  ;D

cdt808

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:04 PM »
It needs something mate - the bars will be pretty slippy without any!  ;)

cdt808

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10 PM »
this is what should have been on the bike (I think) but no response to a wanted on here and like I said, no luck with the chap from the US  >:( 

I did think about some blue oury grips or similar.....

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 11:33 AM »

Ourys are cool , bring those in your first post to MK13 and we'll burn them ! ..............

:2funny:

Also , any info needed on dying is in the stickies ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 01:26 PM »
What about the winners circle grips (not sure if real?) that are on here or ebay for £12,they are sky blue but you could dye them darker if you want? just a thought

cdt808

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 06:59 PM »
What about the winners circle grips (not sure if real?) that are on here or ebay for £12,they are sky blue but you could dye them darker if you want? just a thought

I was thinking exactly that yesterday mate. Might try it as I have some blue rit on its way so could chuck em in and see how they come up.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Will if you don't mind if the grip mess up, give em a try ? it might soak up some of the blue (try Madonna blue in dylon ) hot water and some salt - might work might not  ???
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Jaypeg

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 08:49 PM »

I was thinking exactly that yesterday mate. Might try it as I have some blue rit on its way so could chuck em in and see how they come up.

dude, ive got a pair of winners  that are dark blue...mint too.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:50 PM by Jaypeg »

cdt808

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 08:51 PM »

dude, ive got a pair of winners  that are dark blue...mint too.

they would be great  :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 09:43 PM »
Job done  :daumenhoch:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  grip dying?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx