gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 01:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I need chrome!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I need chrome!  (Read 631 times)

HARO CORE

I need chrome!
« on: May 16, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Hope somebody can help...

I usually powder coat but I need my frame re-chroming for MK13 (my fourth year :) and would like to get some recommendations as to who can do a top job to help my bike look it's best in the show & shine.  I have had the frame sand blasted and there are no issues with it.

Any help would be appreciated - if you know any RAD members that could do the job that would be perfect - just need their user names so I can PM them directly!

Cheers, Chris

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: I need chrome!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:13 PM »
if it's been blasted it'll need polishing before chroming. Most chromers turn around times are about 6 weeks. Given the work that could potentially be required you'll be pushing to get it back in time!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

HARO CORE

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:15 PM »
Thanks for the advice - need to get my skates on then!

chubby

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 07:50 PM »
have a word with deeman mate, he knows a good chromer won't be cheap though...  :daumenhoch:

HARO CORE

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Thanks for the tip, PM sent to deeman - if anyone else has some contacts let me know :)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 08:21 PM »
http://www.allenchrome.co.uk/gallery.html

Several of us have used them, looking about £250 for F&F
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Diesel1

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 12:58 AM »
I have been to two chrome platers this week and they both said I would be best going to Midland Chrome Plating.  They said they could do the nickel fine but the chrome could leave shadowing because of the nature of the frame (Aero Reflex, twin/triple tubes) and their tanks.  Johnnyt72 on raleighburner.com suggested Prestige electroplaters at mexbrough, 01709577004.  There is a long turn around apparently but they will tell you the details.

I was quoted £35 for bars at Castleford Chrome Platers.  The same price for a crank and chain ring.

Simon.
Live by the Burner.  Die by the Burner.

RetroRich78... "No probs buddy I was coming if it was only you and I. Well done mate great day"
That is the best compliment I could wish to receive.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I need chrome!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx