gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 11:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  83 HARO Build Diary & Voyage of Discovery.FINISHED (((FOR NOW AT LEAST)))
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 83 HARO Build Diary & Voyage of Discovery.FINISHED (((FOR NOW AT LEAST)))  (Read 24405 times)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
I'll have to tighten that front brake block up before I can ride it Callum :LolLolLolLol:

Nice looking bike mate. Gotta love a resto from the dead :coolsmiley:

Good spot sir !

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Liking that, looks great with the blue tyres and white tuffs  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Marty, was starting to think you didn't like my bulds ! :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:

lol, nope your builds have been great and I've liked them both, we just disagreed on the set-up of one but it's all good on my part  :daumenhoch:

My wife's nan used to say "life would be boring if we all came 6 to a box" ;)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

lol, nope your builds have been great and I've liked them both, we just disagreed on the set-up of one but it's all good on my part  :daumenhoch:

My wife's nan used to say "life would be boring if we all came 6 to a box" ;)

Your nan was spot on  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
I love your build Callum, its come out a treat - bravo sir!

Chris  :daumenhoch:

deeman

Nice one,Love it.Pedals look fantastic.The tuffs and tyres look ace too.If you are not worried too much about era correctness I would swap the calipers for 880's front and rear,then you can run a potts mod and have your levers the right way round  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 07:47 PM by deeman »

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
 8)  :4_17_5:  :coolsmiley:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Nice one,Love it.Pedals look fantastic.The tuffs and tyres look ace too.If you are not worried too much about era correctness I would swap the calipers for 880's front and rear,then you can run a potts mod and have your levers the right way round  :daumenhoch:

Funny you should say that, the frame & forks are Dec 1983 so I wanted to keep it looking circa 84-85 (with a twist) I've actually got some 880 in blue that i got from from Spen but i think this is the wrong bike for a pot's mod to be honest.

Im just waiting for a couple of parts to arrive then & I'm sending off some mx 1000's for green anno !

deeman

Funny you should say that, the frame & forks are Dec 1983 so I wanted to keep it looking circa 84-85 (with a twist) I've actually got some 880 in blue that i got from from Spen but i think this is the wrong bike for a pot's mod to be honest.

Im just waiting for a couple of parts to arrive then & I'm sending off some mx 1000's for green anno !

Ah cool.the MX 1000's will be more in keeping with the bike and should look fantastic in green.i recently swapped from a rear 901 to an 880 for the same cable routing reasons.I think every freestyler should have a potts mod!!It represents the ingenuity and innovation which was going on at the time,especially in freestyle-As well as making the bike function much better for what it was intended for.Look forward to seeing this with the brakes  :daumenhoch:

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
this looks bloody awesome mate, and the mx1000's will finish it off a treat
how much were the tyres all in and have they got other colours ?
It comes out of the ground!

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
this looks bloody awesome mate, and the mx1000's will finish it off a treat
how much were the tyres all in and have they got other colours ?

I think for the 2 sets posted it was around £70-£90 inc taxes might actually have been a bit more  .

They also had red but had sold out of white, I was really interested to get some in green I know that Duro make them & they are available in Australia as well. It just seems that theres a demand out there & in the USA so the distributors can order the minimum quantities in order to get the colours made.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  83 HARO Build Diary & Voyage of Discovery.FINISHED (((FOR NOW AT LEAST)))

gfxgfx
gfx gfx