gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  83 HARO Build Diary & Voyage of Discovery.FINISHED (((FOR NOW AT LEAST)))
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 83 HARO Build Diary & Voyage of Discovery.FINISHED (((FOR NOW AT LEAST)))  (Read 24397 times)

leehunt1

cool as fook that  :daumenhoch:

Let me know when you split as i want the F&F  ;D :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Haha nice one Lee,

Tell you what I'll start you off & ill sell you my green DC cables if I don't use them  :daumenhoch:

leehunt1

Haha nice one Lee,

Tell you what I'll start you off & ill sell you my green DC cables if I don't use them  :daumenhoch:

whats the date on them..?

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Haha nice one Lee,

whats the date on them..?

Lee if youre anal enough to ask the question you wont be wanting them  :daumenhoch: I might be using them yet anyway  84 & 86 (god strike me down for not using anything that's not made in 83) ::)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
 :LolLolLolLol:

Interested in seeing the end result now  :daumenhoch:

Definately do it your way buddy. Haro's and Haro replica builds have been done to death and when another pops up, for me anyway, it's "just another Haro build". Thats why I done my Haro the way I did.

My latest build is out there and built how I imagine a teen would have done back then, and myself   :coolsmiley:
BANNED

leehunt1

heres what i want to build
imagine the sh1t i would get for the wrong cables  :LolLolLolLol:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=161668.0

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Just try and find a rear one though..... I had to joint two fronts together on mine  :-\
Still limping......

Offline nitrohopper

• Site Supporter
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
nice callum  thats another nice build u got going on there  let me know if u want to sell them cranks theyed look mighty fine on the whitehawk   ,nice build through bruv u do what u feel is right for your bike  nice one cyril!!!!
build what u want if u like it then thats all that matters

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Call the cops 'cause peeling those decals was a CRIME!
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:

:police:   :daumenhoch:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Heh-heh dont cuff me Ed  :daumenhoch:  Seriously buddy after spending that money on a frame set i wanted her to look what she's worth,  afterall you wouldnt buy your Mrs a primark dress for the ball (would ya) ???  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Hey it's your build but would've looked far cooler with the originals left on it  :coolsmiley:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:

Heh-heh dont cuff me Ed  :daumenhoch:  Seriously buddy after spending that money on a frame set i wanted her to look what she's worth,  afterall you wouldnt buy your Mrs a primark dress for the ball (would ya) ???  :daumenhoch:

How fooking presumptuous ... I'M GAY!
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Looks nice that.

How do the frog decals compare to the original ones in terms of colour ?
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Looks nice that.

How do the frog decals compare to the original ones in terms of colour ?

I'm no expert but honestly mate they are spot on & I wouldn't have known the difference, the colour reproduction is very good.It needs to be as Frog are bloody expensive, but you do get extra decals. the main tube decal went on first time no worries & easier than any other i've done so far, but that might be because they are like a foil based decal. The only slight difference i seem to remember is the tiny (TM) letters in the main tube are a slightly heavier type face (maybe its some kind of bleed) but it's so minor you wont se it..

The one thing i completely meant to do & then forgot to  :idiot2: was take a picture of them next to the originals but i bet someone has done that already. Saying that I would inagine any older decals would have some UV fade by now.

In the kit i got:

1 main tube decal
1 head tube decal
5 disk decals, giving you the option to sticker up the forks plus the seat post tube an then 2 extra I guess for a straight & Layback post i guess.

They also threw in 3-4 other haro stickers FOC.

I have got to sat i waited 2 weeks before contacting them & I got a snotty email saying how far thew are away from the uk & it had only been 2 weeks plus they had to print some. S I guess they are selling stuff that they dont actually have in stock as after i emailed them they got on it messaged me nack & I had them in 2 working days  :daumenhoch:

Funny thing is i'd had tyres sent from Australia & a seat from the USA sent over in the time it took these to arrive from France!!!  I guess you just need to keep on top of your order but i couldn't be happier & the bike looks transformed.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

How fooking presumptuous ... I'M GAY!

OK well in that case you I'm guessing that woudn't take your fella (Up Satan's Alley) using the same grease you use on you bike ! I'd assume you'd go with some premium lube  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Ask Spen he seems to know a lot about lube  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
That's really nice, great job. If you would like an accurate set of repro decals, let me know. I have a couple of sets left from the anniversary freestyler project that were produced from a NOS Set. I can let them go for a reasonable cost.

retrogeezer

I'm sure DC did make green MX1000's..

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
whos CATE LLM?  :D

nice f/f  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:21 AM by OrgasmDonor »

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
That's really nice, great job. If you would like an accurate set of repro decals, let me know. I have a couple of sets left from the anniversary freestyler project that were produced from a NOS Set. I can let them go for a reasonable cost.

Thanks Dom, I'm good but Kingfunky might want them (it's already soaking up my all of funds as it is) :daumenhoch:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
whos CATE LLM?  :D

nice f/f  :daumenhoch:

Heh heh.....  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:

yeah, weren't they painted green rather than annodised?

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Really ???? WOW..... Ive seen painted Green mx 1000's but not anodised ones, if they ever did make these i bet they would be super expensive now ... I've never seen any..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  83 HARO Build Diary & Voyage of Discovery.FINISHED (((FOR NOW AT LEAST)))

gfxgfx
gfx gfx