gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 02:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Road Trip to South of France
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Road Trip to South of France  (Read 936 times)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Road Trip to South of France
« on: April 23, 2013, 04:39 PM »
My sons Matt & James have put this little video together of 6 days spent recently in Provence.  10 tracks, two trails and numerous pump tracks ridden in glorious sunshine.  Enjoy.  Humps
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/308883/

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Road Trip to South of France
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 02:51 PM »
That was quality al........the boys have got skills  :daumenhoch:

Offline hazzajoe

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:24 AM »
Followed this on Bmx talk . Awesome plan, execution and footage. I'd love to do this with my boys in the future.

Hats off and thumbs up to the idea of doing this and the riding skills. :4_17_5:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 11:26 AM »
Followed this on Bmx talk . Awesome plan, execution and footage. I'd love to do this with my boys in the future.

Hats off and thumbs up to the idea of doing this and the riding skills. :4_17_5:

There have been organised trips to France in previous years and I believe they flew to Nice then hired vans to travel around the tracks whilst down there.  My sons and I did our own trip travelling by car to Ebbsfleet then Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Provence where I hired a car from Eurocar and we based ourselves in a fantastic 4* apartment in Bouc Bel Air.  Wasn't cheap but the weather, peaking at 32 degrees, made up for it and we spent 6 days touring round.  The boys rode ten tracks and five we couldn't get in to.  Worth remembering if anyone's thinking of doing this trip is that 95% of the French tracks are fenced and locked so prior planning is essential or you need to know routes into them, eg. holes in fences, to avoid disappointment.  We visited five others and one was holding a full day of coaching so refused us entry and the other four were too securely fenced that had we climbed in we might have had problems if an injury occurred and we needed to get out.  Al in all, a brilliant trip that was made better for seeing my sons riding as well as they did.  Humps

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 09:47 AM »
That was cool!  Fair play to your lads  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Road Trip to South of France

gfxgfx
gfx gfx