gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 11:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Running your own skatepark
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Running your own skatepark  (Read 429 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Running your own skatepark
« on: April 13, 2013, 03:52 PM »
I know this has been mused a few times but i cant find the thread. Just nipped out of work to get some new sneaks from the black sheep store (central skate park in manchester)
Now i know its saturday and half term but the place was rammed with lads all eagerly handing over their 10/13 quid a pop depending on membership.  :shocked:

It strikes me my last woodbutchering job should be a fookin massive plywood creation in which i can retire behind a plywood desk adorned in stickers, copies of the albion and beanies for sale  :D

seriously, the right location and all that ...  ^"^
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

griff

Re: Running your own skatepark
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 03:54 PM »
There aren't many round my way ;)

griff

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 03:56 PM »
Actually none
Only trouble is the rents would be a killer

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 03:59 PM »
Convince a local farmer to put one on his land.....or convert his barn into one, you might be able to strike a cheaper rent deal that way  :)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 04:04 PM »
You would think central must be paying a racket for a newish building the size it is in the middle of manchester and yet it seems to be thriving  ???
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 04:13 PM »
Actually none
Only trouble is the rents would be a killer
..and insurance :(

nosepickben

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 04:18 PM »
Been seriously pondering this myself over winter. Yes rents are high fop,r suitably sized and well located premises but with the right grants and many avenues of funding to exploit. I know a great place to put one with some cracking buildings, just need to find out who the person to approach is.
Dreams come true sometimes mate.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 05:14 PM »
you would get somewhere thats been empty for a while rent free in these current times, the rates would still hurt though, charity status would sort that out though and then I imagine you would look at revenue from seperate entities, i.e cafe, shop etc. It would be worth speaking to someone who knows more about it, Jeremy Hayes from British Cycling was/is involved with the Works at Leeds, he may have some pointers if you can grabl 10 minutes of his time
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 05:27 PM »
tbh i dont know how they pay,  after the thousands of pounds it costs it costs to set the place up it would have to turn over £2K a week just to make it worth while and draw a small wage, £300-£400 a day is a lot paying customers at a tenner a pot,  and the place will probably be empty most of the time....
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 05:30 PM »
tbh i dont know how they pay,  after the thousands of pounds it costs it costs to set the place up it would have to turn over £2K a week just to make it worth while and draw a small wage, £300-£400 a day is a lot paying customers at a tenner a pot,  and the place will probably be empty most of the time....

When did you return??!!! Welcome back Sam  :daumenhoch:

paulb113

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 07:08 PM »
I know Chris Mahoney and Dave Arnold have been involved in the new Manchester one. I think loads of money in roller rinks my local one has  hundreds of people at a time, 3 sessions a day a weekends, lots of sessions during week, lessons,lockers quid a go,snack bar, coffee bar,licenced bar, skate shop, private hire them must be raking it in :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Running your own skatepark

gfxgfx
gfx gfx