gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Stripping Primo Pedals.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Stripping Primo Pedals.....  (Read 520 times)

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Stripping Primo Pedals.....
« on: April 10, 2013, 10:11 PM »
Mid school Primo pedals are aluminium right?

Ive just done the old oven pride trick on a black set that were a bit scuffed up and had worn in places allowing the silver coloured material to show through....

I left the pedals in the solution for about 15mins and stayed with them the whole time, checking them pretty much every minute.....but nothing appeared to be happening?  I finally took them out of the bag, rinsed them off and to my suprise.....they went darker??

Am I missing something? Or do I have freaky pedals?  ;D

renegaderacer

Re: Stripping Primo Pedals.....
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:19 AM »
Two things spring to mind.

1. They're might be painted, not anodised.

and........

2. The colour was stripped off by the Oven Pride but it was left in to soak too long and has started to eat into the alloy giving it a black look.

If it's the first thing, then maybe some sort of paint stripper might be more effective (probably not the new Nitromors though).

If it's the second thing, it is easier as the black finish will polish off with a bit of elbow grease.  :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:49 AM »
Yeah, the strangest thing is that I was with the pedals the whole time??  One of lifes little mysteries i guess but they could well be painted  :daumenhoch:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 10:53 PM »
Deffo paint not anno  ;)
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 11:04 PM »
Try rubbing a bit with a green scouring pad. Ovenpride does make alloy go black somtimes. I've had it happen.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Stripping Primo Pedals.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx