gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 12:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1997 Dyno Zone Winter Project
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1997 Dyno Zone Winter Project  (Read 1099 times)

raymondo

1997 Dyno Zone Winter Project
« on: April 09, 2013, 08:42 PM »

Okay ill be the first too say the dyno is hardly a gem in most peoples eyes, but it was the first bmx that i ever wanted. and ill also like to add that yeah ok its hardly been done up to aamazing standard using super rare imported and expensive parts, but its basiclly how i wanted it to look in my mind and was a fun CHEAP project to begin with!

So when my winter months were mostly spent working on my vw golf, working, riding my local street spots (on my proper bmx of corse) and generally being tied down with the family i was having a fiddle with the dyno.

my mate give it too me after he had it forever in his garage, so the work began.

THE REST OF THIS TOPIC IVE COPYED FROM MY BUILD PAGE ON A VW FORUM, SO SORRY IF SOME THINGS ARE REPEATED!!!

So here it is. 1997 Gt Dyno zone In chrome, My first love in bmxes way back in 1998 when i was 7.

The Bmx was kindly donated to me bu a good friend who's had it forever in his garage...

It was in Rough condition, the only dyno parts were the frame, seat clamp and stem. all the rest were crap parts like ruption diamondback and halfords specials.

I Immeadatly stripped all the crap off and put the frame in a d.i,y oxcide bath.

With that sorted i began to collect parts, trying to stick to the Gt dyno theme i managed to sorce 1995 Dyno forks and bars, 1987ish Dyno stem, Dyno bottom Bracket cups,Dyno drainpipe seat post, Gt ''wing'' Plastic pedals and dyno seat clamp.

Other parts were also purchased to go with the theme, 90's Plastic seat, 90's bulldog brake and lever, Primo grips, Black 5 spoke Mag wheels, Blue brake cable. and i put on a dyno sprocket and a chrome 1piece crank that i had just so i could build it up.

Bike is near finished now. Few last things to order are a new sprocket, chain and amberwall tyres. possibly rear ''backy pegs''. And just another good polish and trim the reflector mounts off the wheels

ill stop boring you now heres a few before during and after pics!!

Thanks for taking your time too look! comments welcome!!!!

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Re: 1997 Dyno Zone Winter Project
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:48 PM »
I had one  :daumenhoch:

Early 90's though, and not chrome, it was painted purple with like a marble effect  :daumenhoch:

Loved it

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:54 PM »
chrome come up nice ! what tyres you got on the recent shot ?

raymondo

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:59 PM »
Thanks mate, oxcildic bath really suprized me cleaning the chrome, after that a good polish really worked wonders!

and tyres are dyno hoops, but ive had them for years and are cracked real bad!! quite gutted really they match up too the bike so well

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 09:01 PM »
Nice little build there bud  :daumenhoch:

Dyno's are ace!!

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 09:08 PM »
them chinese wheels are fookin horrid to ride. get some 48s !  :daumenhoch:

Offline Wez

• Look Back
  • What's Happenin' Derek ???
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 09:14 PM »
Yayyy Dyno  :daumenhoch:
WANTED: Orphan Early 80's Front Skyway Graphite 8)

raymondo

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:15 PM »
would love to man but its more of a 'show' bike than a rider, and sort of a self accomplishment thing, that said i took it out for a ride yesturday for half hour and it did give me a huge grin when some middle aged dude shook my hand and said thats how bmx's should be haha!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1997 Dyno Zone Winter Project

gfxgfx
gfx gfx