gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GYRO''S....DIFFERENCE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GYRO''S....DIFFERENCE  (Read 464 times)

deeman

GYRO''S....DIFFERENCE
« on: April 08, 2013, 07:48 PM »
This might sound like a silly question...but what is the difference between a traditional Odyssey Gyro,and one of the newer snafu Mobeus/Odyssey GTX-S affairs?I have owned a traditional Odyssey Gyro before and know how one works.I would like to fit one to a newer bike but am a little confused... :idiot2:
My frame is 2009 and has an internal headset,and removable gyro tabs on the frame.I would like to know if I can fit either type and if there are any pro/cons to either type?
Would anyone be kind enough to put a photo up of the newer type fitted to a bike?
Any help would be much appreciated
Damo :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: GYRO''S....DIFFERENCE
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:38 PM »
 Don`t know about pros/cons but yes you can fit any to your frame.The removable tabs just replace the old type plate that fitted under the headset cup.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 09:40 PM »
Google it
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 10:28 PM »
As voivod says.

No need for the pressed metal plate that used to sit under the top headset cup. The difference in the product is materials and design changes but the principle is exactly the same as all gyros.

So, fit your tabs to your headtube and screw lower cables into that. Drop the actual gyro bearing unit on and hook the lower cables in. Top plate on next with your choice of spacers and plonk your stem on top of that. Top gyro cable screwed into plate and then hook the cables into the gyro bearing unit. job done.

Tip:  Try and generate as big a gap as you can between upper and lower cables. Always adjust from the back of the bike forwards. The lever should be the very last thing you adjust. Vocal do a nice stepped top gyro plate. Speak to Stodgy.

Sorry, I'm embarrassed to say my bike is buried at the back of the garage so no photo....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GYRO''S....DIFFERENCE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx