gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Capital Radio Trick Team Show Docklands - anyone remember who was there ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Capital Radio Trick Team Show Docklands - anyone remember who was there ?  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Can anyone help me ?

My memory is getting a bit blurred in my old age. I was at this event with the Faze 7 trick team, and remember Jess rode with us as a guest for the day, but as for the other riders - I'm a bit stuck. There were teams from Skyway ?, Raleigh ?, and that's where it goes fuzzy. Think Craig C and Chris Young might have been riding ?

We did a mass drop in, for some sort of record attempt at the most number of riders dropping in together (our ramp is 2nd one in from the left - the small white one), and I'm dropping in with Martin on our ramp.

The photo of the airs has Jess on our ramp (I'm holding the ramp from slipping back to the righthand side in red/blue haro race pants).

I've borrowed one of the photos from another old thread on here and the one of the airs is by Big Steev (thanks Steev !).

So who were the other teams and who were the riders ?????? Can you help - think the year was 84.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Was this ever covered on the tele ?? seemed to remember seeing Craig Campbell doing some awsome airs there, my memory is really bad aswell, so may have just been dreaming  ::)

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
fook me....canary wharf hasnt chaged a bit has it??
haro, how do you do

WizardWeb

Looks like Craig is on a Pro-lite so that'd make it 85, wouldn't it? Sorry, being picky !  :LolLolLolLol:

Yep Canary Wharf ain't what it used to be, that's for sure....

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
I think that is Chris Young in the first photo, the nearest one.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
I remember going there but nthat's about it; didn't compete though just watched  :-[

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
cracking pics!  check out the get away transit and old Datsun in the background  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
cracking pics!  check out the get away transit and old Datsun in the background  :daumenhoch:

Peter Hawkins old transit van is that, in fact I think that's how we got there that day  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

bmxer4ever

2nd pic, left to right....

Chris Young, Jess Dyrenforth, Jason Lunn, Craig Campbell, Glyn Lewis.

G :daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Capital Radio Trick Team Show Docklands - anyone remember who was there ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx