gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1984 GT Pro performer full resto WARNING Pic heavy, finally complete!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1984 GT Pro performer full resto WARNING Pic heavy, finally complete!!!!  (Read 15996 times)

FAZE3

Lovely that fella, always liked the white Performer, sooooooooooooo 80's ;)

84's are pretty rare to. He must of broke the original forks?

Cheers chapper, Why are '84's rare? The forks came on it???? and the Suntour power stem? Like an Raleigh aero Pro had its front end "borrowed" there was no front rim either? just the rear OGK rim? Still, Its someone's story out there!

Jimmy

I guess you just don't see as many these days Jimmy, a lot more 85's about, making them worth a fair bit more I think ;) They aren't the original forks, but heh like you say someone's story there, what a great find and brilliant job you've made of it. I bet your well pleased, what do your mates think?

deeman

Absolutely love it mate,an amazing turnaround!I would change the decals for 84 ones as it is a valuable 84.Oh,and the decal on the seatpost needs changing to match the ones on the frame.a potts mod would finish it a treat :daumenhoch:

I did think about the decal on the seat post? DEcals on the frame are sooooo not coming off. I Heinsight i would not have fitted the purchased as  "Ultrahive original GT Pro Performer" Decals and would have seeked the non Japan ones! But we are all wise with this friend. Still its the real deal underneath!! WHoooooooooooooo.

Thanks for the comments

Jimmy 
PS WTF a potts mod??

A potts mod is where you have a hollow stem bolt and route the front brake cable through it.It allows you to spin the bars a bit without the front cable to foul up.Pretty much a standard mod on any freestyler of the era. :daumenhoch:

jim350i

Absolutely love it mate,an amazing turnaround!I would change the decals for 84 ones as it is a valuable 84.Oh,and the decal on the seatpost needs changing to match the ones on the frame.a potts mod would finish it a treat :daumenhoch:

I did think about the decal on the seat post? DEcals on the frame are sooooo not coming off. I Heinsight i would not have fitted the purchased as  "Ultrahive original GT Pro Performer" Decals and would have seeked the non Japan ones! But we are all wise with this friend. Still its the real deal underneath!! WHoooooooooooooo.

Thanks for the comments

Jimmy 
PS WTF a potts mod??

A potts mod is where you have a hollow stem bolt and route the front brake cable through it.It allows you to spin the bars a bit without the front cable to foul up.Pretty much a standard mod on any freestyler of the era. :daumenhoch:

Ahh the old gyro brake thang?? I must be a tad older than you friend, this would be like cheating for me? Did they have these in '83/84? It screams 90's to me, I maybe utterly wrong? I had an '83 Aero Pro BITD and always got my brake cables in a muddle! It would be better agreed, but for nostalgia sake ? whey.
Jim

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
No a Potts Mod isn't a gyro. It's where your front brake cable is routed through your stem shaft bolt to avoid it tangling when the bars are spun. As the cable is then threaded from below on your front caliper it affords a greater clearance between your front caliper and your frame.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

jim350i

No a Potts Mod isn't a gyro. It's where your front brake cable is routed through your stem shaft bolt to avoid it tangling when the bars are spun. As the cable is then threaded from below on your front caliper it affords a greater clearance between your front caliper and your frame.

Ahh, I have seen these and yes a good idea. I would not mind a potts mod.

Can you just purchase the bolt? (and wedgey bit i suppose)

Jimmy

RL Paulie

Nice!

fudgey

thats a lovely buid there matey i have just finished an 85 in yellow  :daumenhoch: it was pointed out to me that my decals on the non drive side were upside down as it looks like yours are also im led to believe its a common mistake  :LolLolLolLol: easy fix if you have spares ........i was told it should read the same if you were pulling a wheelie ? if that helps :daumenhoch:

jim350i

Dude, there only up side down if the bikes the right way up. I getting some wild air friend  LOL.

Ah well.  I have no spares, i dont mind being pointed at, as long as they are laughing at me there laughing at no one else!!!

cheers friend.

fudgey

if you want to change it and dont have a spare decal i can post you one i have some spares :daumenhoch:

jim350i

if you want to change it and dont have a spare decal i can post you one i have some spares :daumenhoch:

Fudgey

well , well appreciate the offer friend, but my PRO is different to yours, subtle i know, but true. I may have been slipped a custard in the decal department, but hey if the suckers are upside down no one gives a flying coot! (or other water based weed inhibitive fowl)

Jim

jim350i

Thanks for your coments dudes, had 1st ride out the other day, rides like a dream

Also changed the seat stem decal, nice   :daumenhoch:

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
Lookin good Jim,  those tyres still look mint mate get them thrashed :4_17_5:
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

jim350i

Lookin good Jim,  those tyres still look mint mate get them thrashed :4_17_5:

You are more than right friend. Need to get some tyre wear weather!! Off to Leamingtom spa track when I can.   :daumenhoch:

rockinwookie

Looking Awesome Jim!!!! Extremely well done bud...you gotta make the time to ride this baby  :D

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Nice performer  :)

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Yup I like a 84 Performer too Jim  :smitten: yours looks great ;)

I also like Brown sauce on my Bacon butties  :smitten:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Isn't brown sauce on bacon butties the law ???
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

jim350i

Isn't brown sauce on bacon butties the law ???

take a look at the "North South Divide, Where's yours" thread. Made me laugh  ;D  an overwhelming response, i opened a can of worms with the red or brown source, lovely to see it come back at me. :2funny:

But it is deffo red on a bacon and egg sarnie.   :LolLolLolLol:

jim350i

Yup I like a 84 Performer too Jim  :smitten: yours looks great ;)

I also like Brown sauce on my Bacon butties  :smitten:

cheers dude  :daumenhoch:

jim350i

Looking Awesome Jim!!!! Extremely well done bud...you gotta make the time to ride this baby  :D

Cheers Mat, you are correct about the time, I will make some. Once the football season (and tournaments) have stopped eating my time! Get some flat land for me buddy!  :daumenhoch:

rockinwookie

Will do man, loving this weather so making the most of it :-)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1984 GT Pro performer full resto WARNING Pic heavy, finally complete!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx