gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 02:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M Dive bars
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M Dive bars  (Read 1078 times)

bulldogbob

S&M Dive bars
« on: March 12, 2013, 08:12 AM »
Had a set of NOS Dive bars in parts box for ages, building a Gary fisher trigger fish frame up as track bike, put bars on and they seem way too small to be on a 20", were they cruiser bars? Don't know much about mid school stuff stopped racing in 87, also I picked up some Fusion 3 piece cranks 180mm, were these made by Profile? While I'm asking the bike with the cranks on had Haro heffer rims on weird Haro hubs with bolts that go into hub would these wheels have been race or freestyle? Cheers Bob

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: S&M Dive bars
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:26 AM »
What's the rise on the bars 6in?

bulldogbob

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Yeah 6" x 24" never been cut.

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 08:37 AM »
Yep cruiser bars by the sound of it, have a look through the for sale ads nic968 sold some in the last week or so  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 09:03 AM »
I dont think they were cruiser bars, they were just for people who liked low bars.
Shaun Buttler used them for ages cos he liked low bars.
Then when he grew a bit and got his signature Lum-bars which were still probably lower than 8"

Some great shots of him on here, not sure if he's using Dive bars on any of them.

http://www.sandmbikes.com/tag/shaun-butler/

nosepickben

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 09:16 AM »
Yeah, sub-7.5" bars were very popular with the new breed of riders in the very late 90's. Also very popular with osteopaths and chiropractors.

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 09:30 AM »
I just stole some stuff from Vintage site. I remember now that Butler did used to use GayBars, which were cruiser bars. I used Butler bars for a while but I never had any Dive bars so I didnt know they were the same.

if i remember correctly and you can see from videos..butler rode gay bars..but wanted a lil taller bar..but not as tall as slams..thus spawning the dive bars.

Butler bars are nothing more than restickers Dive bars. Sean Butler liked the Dive bars so much that when it was time to introduce a new bar and Sean had enough of a following to merit it presto.

bulldogbob

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 10:36 AM »
Thanks for info, I'll start looking for some bigger bars, Cheers rob

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M Dive bars

gfxgfx
gfx gfx