gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 09:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rainers BMX - please help?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rainers BMX - please help?  (Read 4122 times)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Rainers BMX - please help?
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:24 PM »
Finally rang Rainers Bmx in Germany today out of the need for a few parts.... It was the wierdest conversation I think i've ever had...talk about pulling teeth..I got the impression he didn't want to sell anything..  "I have 10,000 bike parts" was the response I got when I told him what I wanted...he seemed really disinterested..it was just plain wierd..he kept asking me "what do you want?" even after I told him what I needed ...I just gave up in then end :( >:(

Has anyone delt or bought from Rainers ? How did it go ?

I understand that there is a language difference but I was very plain and simple in the words i used on purpose because of this :uglystupid2: 
Are they the German branch or Biagio's Vert-Ego  :LolLolLolLol:

Please help ?
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Rainers BMX - please help?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:31 PM »
is that not the place that is a museum and doesn't sell anything ?
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 10:34 PM »
I have heard you need to contact him a few times and strike up a rapport before he will let anything go :-\

What are you after?

Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:44 PM »
is that not the place that is a museum and doesn't sell anything ?

You can buy their stuff online...

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:47 PM »
I have dealt with them a lot :). Dieter is always spot on. I always correspond with emails :4_17_5:

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:11 PM »
He is a top dude.

He brought all us English blokes cupcakes at the Cologne Worlds in 2010. What a dude.

Disagreed with the points system that year for bike of the show though, very dodgy call on a proxy shitty Redline.

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 11:15 PM »
I've had a couple things from his site... thought i'd ask him for a few other bits last week as it says on his website ask about anything.  He basically said he has stuff but it's not for sale as its in his museum.  I don't think you're going to get him to part with anything interesting tbh  :-\

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 11:37 PM »
I've bought a few things from him, but only stuff that was listed on the website.  Got a few Haro numbers last year, and got a set of white freestyle tyres the other week. I've never phoned them, just contacted them via email. They were quick to reply and sent me a paypal invoice for the items I wanted promptly. They shipped quickly and packaging was good. I think it was ED209 who told me that you have to be very polite when you conact them, otherwise they will ignore/not sell anything to you. My advice would be to email them, be very polite, and use proper English. No slang, abbreviations etc. If the item you want is not listed on his website though, I doubt he'll part with it, especially if you haven't struck up a rapport with him. Good luck though!

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Cheers guys... Was after some old jerseys that were advertised on his site..
Have sent a very polite straigtforward email so l'll see what happens.
Maybe I just called him ata bad time  :-\

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 03:12 PM »
A;ways been fine with me but I first struck up a conversation with him via email, once the first transaction went through smoothly he was fine to deal with...

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Anybody ever bought a F+F from there?

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 09:34 PM »
I was told to be polite and I really tried ( those who know will understand the effort involved ) and I got all bits I wanted  :smitten:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

ozone

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 09:43 PM »
Sounds like Willy Wonka TBH.  Only good boys get their hands on his goolies goodies.   :bondage:  Proper grooming operation.  Bratwurst anyone?   :D

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 09:43 PM »
I've bought stuff from there with no problems.  Although, it was many years ago!
Neil

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Rainers are spot on , ive had loads of stuff of them , always emailed them and never had any problems at all  :daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 09:44 PM »
I was told to be polite and I really tried ( those who know will understand the effort involved ) and I got all bits I wanted  :smitten:

Does this involve calling every day for a week  :crazy2:
I will keep emailing and calling if this is what is needed to gain trust.... just seems a bit wierd to advertise products 'for sale' and then be selective who you sell too ?
If he was a private collector I could understand but this stuff is on the world wide web ? :idiot2:

I guess it'll be worth the hunt as the stuff he has is super cool but It just seems wierd to me when I've got a big wedge of cash to potentially part with and he's not keen to sell stuff ?

ozone

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 09:45 PM »
Rainers are spot on , ive had loads of stuff of them , always emailed them and never had any problems at all  :daumenhoch:

Did the inexplicable tax that he adds not put you off?  I assume he still does this?   :-\

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Sounds like Willy Wonka TBH.  Only good boys get their hands on his goolies goodies.   :bondage:  Proper grooming operation.  Bratwurst anyone?   :D

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: i'm not sure I want to see his Wiener Schnitzel either:2funny:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 09:48 PM »

Did the inexplicable tax that he adds not put you off?  I assume he still does this?   :-\

Hmmmm yeah...what does this mean??? how much is German VAT these days ? If it's more than 20% then it's going to make Biagio look like Ratners of Old School Bmx :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 09:49 PM »

ive never paid any "tax" on the stuff ive had . infact ive had some very good deals and hes contacted me offering things  :daumenhoch:

ozone

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 09:52 PM »

ive never paid any "tax" on the stuff ive had . infact ive had some very good deals and hes contacted me offering me a berm  :daumenhoch:

He used to do this when I last bought from him but that was around 6 years ago.   :daumenhoch:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 09:55 PM »

I will keep emailing and calling if this is what is needed to gain trust.... just seems a bit wierd to advertise products 'for sale' and then be selective who you sell too ?
If he was a private collector I could understand but this stuff is on the world wide web ? :idiot2:

I guess it'll be worth the hunt as the stuff he has is super cool but It just seems wierd to me when I've got a big wedge of cash to potentially part with and he's not keen to sell stuff ?

Ill help you spend that wedge Ant...!! :bondage:

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 09:56 PM »
...just dont mention ze war :-X

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 09:58 PM »

ozone

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 10:00 PM »

Ill help you spend that wedge Ant...!! :bondage:

He only sells to good boys.  You have no chance...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rainers BMX - please help?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx