gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 02:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SOFT SCRUB
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SOFT SCRUB  (Read 1099 times)

deeman

SOFT SCRUB
« on: March 08, 2013, 10:16 AM »
I have been reading alot of material about whitening stuff lately as I have a pair of white ally hubbed tuffs which have gone a little yellow which I would like to be a bit whiter as they sit on a nos frame and forks.I was going to go down the aquablasting route but having seen the recent pics am a bit unsure.I think I would like to try a less intrusive method first.I was reading some bits on the museum and people are talking about a product called soft scrub which seems to produce good results on white tuffs.Does anyone know what this product is,and what it is made for?are there any equivelents available in the U.k?Any help appreciated
Damo :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: SOFT SCRUB
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:59 AM »
I know the stuff Damo. There is a similar product over here called gumption. Its hard to find though so when i did find some i bought 10 bottles.
If you cant find any let me know and i will decant some in a plastic bottle and set it you  :daumenhoch:

This is the stuff, fookin great on whitewalls, mags, cables etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOBLOT-96-GUMPTION-CREAM-CLEANER-WITH-BLEACH-500ml-192-/260831346213?nma=true&si=aLQs0gJdb%252BmqC6luFTIO7T%252Bf7OE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

deeman

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Fantastic,thanks Clint.I will give it a go for what it's worth.I am going to try a few methods to whiten these tuffs before going down the aquablasting route as i didn't like the look of those pics either! :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:45 PM »
Like i say its like rocking horse shite to get hold of so if you get stuck let me know  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Andy1970

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Has anybody tried retrobrite?
http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/
I was going to try it on some yellowed Acorns but ended up dyeing them in the end.Would like to know if it works if anyones brave enough to try it!

deeman

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:16 PM »
I am about to go down the retrobrite route Andy!will report results!I had a pair of those beigey acorns too,they wouldn't bleach at all!I think there was something wrong with those,i reckon they came beige from factory! :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 11:25 PM »
Seen good results with this over on the museum but the uv or strong sunlight is a must for decent results  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 11:34 PM »
Seen good results with this over on the museum but the uv or strong sunlight is a must for decent results  :daumenhoch:

Yup,I intend to take them to a tanning shop up the road for an intensive dose of uv!or was thnking of buying a face tanner depending on wether the tanning shop was successful or not! :daumenhoch:

chubby

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 11:37 PM »
Let me know how you get on damo, I've got white acorns that need something doing & also my teeth  ;D

deeman

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Let me know how you get on damo, I've got white acorns that need something doing & also my teeth  ;D

If you have a set of those acorns from bankrupt bike bits i think they are unsalvagable!!I had a pair in bleach for 2 weeks with no change in colour!I don't think they have faded with time,I reckon they were seconds! :-\

chubby

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 11:46 PM »
These came with the futura mate, they're the ammaco ones.
Used some astonish oven paste/cleaner on them & made some difference but none to my teeth  :LolLolLolLol:
just read that retrobrite thing & strikes me as a bit of a ball ache ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SOFT SCRUB

gfxgfx
gfx gfx