gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  First couple of freestyle builds
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: First couple of freestyle builds  (Read 3174 times)

Benharcombe

First couple of freestyle builds
« on: March 06, 2013, 05:39 PM »
First 2 builds any feedback welcome will be looking to learn a couple of the old school moves if I'm still upto it lol

Aero reflex f&f , repop ex bars , 901 calipers , repop tech 3's , shimano 600 cranks , 41 tooth chainring , shark bite pedals , aeroyal seat ,dc pads , repop skyway grips , dc seat clamp , dura bull stem , bernardi mags , repop comp gumwalls?

My all weather rider gt dyno f&f , dyno pretzel bars , piston stem , gt seat clamp ,Madison flux seat , UFO gyro , lizard super U rear caliper , gusset wheelset rear flip flop hub , primo wall tyres , wheel disc set , mks 7 pedals , sr spider , sugino 45 tooth ,

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: First couple of freestyle builds
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:04 PM »
Nice Reflex  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:27 PM »
tut tut tut!bars need to go back a tad on the reflex it is not a burner!and lose the snakepost and Aeroyal seat!! ::)
Some freestyle tyres would look waaaaay better too!Sorry to appear critical,it's just a little  bit offensive atm!!These are only my opinions and only meant in the best possible way.Sometimes a bit of constructive criticism is needed!with a few tweaks you could turn a nice bike into a stunner! :daumenhoch:
EDIT I would think about trading the bars for chrome ones too,the black ones don't go at all! :-\

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comp-ST-20-BMX-freestyle-SKINWALL-tires-RED-PAIR-/190404197201?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c54f97b51
 :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:38 PM by deeman »

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Not bad for a first attempt.  :daumenhoch:

A nice budget build. :)

chubby

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 12:53 PM »
tut tut tut!bars need to go back a tad on the reflex it is not a burner!and lose the snakepost and Aeroyal seat!! ::)
Some freestyle tyres would look waaaaay better too!Sorry to appear critical,it's just a little  bit offensive atm!!These are only my opinions and only meant in the best possible way.Sometimes a bit of constructive criticism is needed!with a few tweaks you could turn a nice bike into a stunner! :daumenhoch:
EDIT I would think about trading the bars for chrome ones too,the black ones don't go at all! :-\

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comp-ST-20-BMX-freestyle-SKINWALL-tires-RED-PAIR-/190404197201?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c54f97b51
don't worry mate damo hates my seats & tyres too  :LolLolLolLol:
handle bar hating is a new one though  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 01:21 PM »

You loved it Richard!Saved you from a few fashion crimes! :daumenhoch:

chubby

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 05:33 PM »

You loved it Richard!Saved you from a few fashion crimes! :daumenhoch:

i know  :-*

Benharcombe

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 12:37 PM »
Cheers for the replies/comments fully understand where your all coming from just I only used parts available to me out of the shed the aero is Very in ya face. Id like to swap the blue comps for orange panaracers the seat I'm watching an orange kashimax too which should neaten it all up and of course adding another bloody wedge of hard earned to it  :idiot2:

The steering feels waaay too positive when bars are straight hence the lean

I did search for chrome bars too but there pricey so got the black ones and looked into striping them down as they are plated by looks of it in places and under a chip I've since acquired there's chrome too it definitely isn't bare metal anyway

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 12:45 PM »
Its a good start bud

Top tip: Position your bars for the photos and then have them how the hell you like for riding  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 01:03 PM »
Cheers for the replies/comments fully understand where your all coming from just I only used parts available to me out of the shed the aero is Very in ya face. Id like to swap the blue comps for orange panaracers the seat I'm watching an orange kashimax too which should neaten it all up and of course adding another bloody wedge of hard earned to it  :idiot2:

The steering feels waaay too positive when bars are straight hence the lean

I did search for chrome bars too but there pricey so got the black ones and looked into striping them down as they are plated by looks of it in places and under a chip I've since acquired there's chrome too it definitely isn't bare metal anyway

not sure about the bars being chrome underneath dude,I think I asked the question before and the answer was no.If they do appear chrome then get 'em stripped!!New tyres and a seat will transform the bike!you might want to fit a pair of matching cables too!look forward to seeing it with some tweaks :daumenhoch:

Benharcombe

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 01:38 PM »
Ill post a couple pics of the chrome on the bars as I've chipped them and underneath Is definitely chrome near the skyway sticker/print blue front dia compe cable already ordered its abit of a mish mash between the 2 bikes as they were only bits I had at the time

The aero was a part/ex against my old kuwahara 2kz 24" so still very much how the original builder builder wanted it with the blue and orange

The dyno was by chance really as it was a frame I bought then ended up with some spare gusset rims and pretzel bars form the aero and thought it be rude not to build the dyno bits as a bike after looking through the build threads on here

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 02:42 PM »
Ill post a couple pics of the chrome on the bars as I've chipped them and underneath Is definitely chrome near the skyway sticker/print blue front dia compe cable already ordered its abit of a mish mash between the 2 bikes as they were only bits I had at the time

The aero was a part/ex against my old kuwahara 2kz 24" so still very much how the original builder builder wanted it with the blue and orange

The dyno was by chance really as it was a frame I bought then ended up with some spare gusset rims and pretzel bars form the aero and thought it be rude not to build the dyno bits as a bike after looking through the build threads on here

If these are the new Skyway bars with the etched logos on the front they ARE chrome underneath mate, I striped a pair in about 2 mins flat with Synstrip  easiest job ever, the etching  clearly will not come away. :daumenhoch:

Benharcombe

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 03:09 PM »
Any pics of your stripped bars FUNKYWORM seems strange they'd have them powdered when there chrome  :idiot2:

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 09:21 AM »
Not the comp 3's lol
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Benharcombe

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 06:36 PM »
The aero is now on eBay guys priced well i think considering the others on there

All to fund a transmission rebuild on my TM 125 after a practice session im finding a false neutral which is bloody scary   :shocked:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  First couple of freestyle builds

gfxgfx
gfx gfx