gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 01:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  My New S&M is on its way!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My New S&M is on its way!  (Read 8448 times)

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: My New S&M is on its way!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 02:12 PM »
That looks like it should clear 28/10. Not to worry anyway Alex, I have 2 S&M full bash sprockets here in 33 & 39 if You want to go up a bit  :LolLolLolLol: 
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

SaMAlex

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 02:16 PM »
What gearing amd which brake will you be using?

Fly brake ..... the smallest gearing I can fit on there  :-\

My current frame is the same and I have a 28:10 on there with room to spare but I'll have to see how the new frame works out.
Im not sure you can even get 10t drivers on most new hubs so I might have to run 28:9  :shocked:

SaMAlex

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Not to worry anyway Alex, I have 2 S&M full bash sprockets here in 33 & 39 if You want to go up a bit  :LolLolLolLol: 

Oooh, that 33 might go good on my 24" challenger. Its a bit spinny at the moment and its using the smallest screw on freewheel I could get, so I'd like to put a bigger chainring on it. I'll have to check what's on there at the moment.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 02:35 PM »
Not to worry anyway Alex, I have 2 S&M full bash sprockets here in 33 & 39 if You want to go up a bit  :LolLolLolLol: 

Oooh, that 33 might go good on my 24" challenger. Its a bit spinny at the moment and its using the smallest screw on freewheel I could get, so I'd like to put a bigger chainring on it. I'll have to check what's on there at the moment.

Let Me know dude  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 12:01 PM »
Ooooooh! ..... Its Here!!!!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 12:05 PM »
Wow, looks really good! Welded on mounts  :daumenhoch: Is the heart a numberplate for Your bars?!  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 12:08 PM »
Is the heart a numberplate for Your bars?!  :LolLolLolLol:

Haha. The heart is a thing for putting hot pans on.  :-[
It was on the table when I took the photo but since it matched the frame (and it was a heart) I left it on there.  :smitten:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 12:14 PM »
I know dude  :daumenhoch: saying that though I think the new S&M graffiti style shield would fit in that heart a treat! Love Your new frame, are You putting all new components on it? 

SaMAlex

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 12:22 PM »
Im gunna build it with mostly new parts.
The bits Im keeping from my current bike are:

F&R Fly Brakes - Cos mine are fine and my front brake is a prototype that you cant get any more
Oddy Levers - Nothing wrong with my ones (although I might give a new Twin cable lever a go)
Cranks -  My Fit 19mm cranks are fine
Seat - Ive not had my Coxie sig seat for long so that can stay
Pedals - Deluxe I have already are great. Metal, DX style, and with 3 pins on each edge.

Apart from that, its ALLLLL new  :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 02:59 PM »
Very nice Alex. Hope it rides good. Let us know how you get on with the build.  :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 05:53 PM »

That's very nice

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 04:52 PM »
 :coolsmiley:  very nice  i do like those captive dropouts,   fancied a WTF but a they're  little out of my price range ,  welded chain stay brake mounts can only say  :daumenhoch:  should be made the law,  fookin hate mine under the seat stay  :D

looking forward to seeing this done love a nice custom me  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 09:59 AM »
The parts for the new bike are coming together.
I think I have everything now.

Parts layout

Wheels & Tyres

Matching tyres and pegs

Bars, Grips & Stem

T1 Bar ends!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:48 PM by S&MAlex »

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 10:32 AM »
Not all the pictures are showing but what is there looks real nice  :daumenhoch: where'd You get the rims from, I've noticed chrome City Lite's are getting hard to find?

SaMAlex

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 10:41 AM »
Not all the pictures are showing

Hmm. They didnt show at first but I closed down photobucket, reopened it and reloaded the pics and they look ok to me now  :-\
Seems like there are a few problems with the New photobucket  :tickedoff:

where'd You get the rims from, I've noticed chrome City Lite's are getting hard to find?

LiferBMX. Ive used these rims on my last 2 sets of wheels, I love them. A real clean shaped rim
Although I think I might have got the last pair of chrome ones Lifer had  :P

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 10:52 AM »
Aargh! I've had some from Lifer & wanted to get another pair for a flat/hybrid S&M I wanted to try out! Does that Antigram use 'proper' 14mm bolts, not 10mm in a 14mm axle like a lot of them?

JT71

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 10:55 AM »
alex: I'm sending you a thick black permanent marker pen in the post.....you f***ing know what to do!

:daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Does that Antigram use 'proper' 14mm bolts, not 10mm in a 14mm axle like a lot of them?

you got it! The Antigram and the Ratchet are the only hubs (that I knew of?) that have real 14mm bolts.
I dont like the look of G-sport hubs where as the Ratchet hub looks like a normal BMX hub. Clean lines and simple look.
AND it uses real 14mm bolts!!!  :smitten:

SaMAlex

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 11:07 AM »
alex: I'm sending you a thick black permanent marker pen in the post.....you f***ing know what to do!

Joe, you have been looking at 90s bikes too long. Its time to move on and embrace the new look.
I think I might "slam" my seat on this build as well!  ;)

JT71

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 11:29 AM »

Joe, you have been looking at 90s bikes too long. Its time to move on and embrace the new look.
I think I might "slam" my seat on this build as well!  ;)

you shalln't!

I think i should actually ride my bike rather than embrace a new look. ha ha ha.

SaMAlex

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 11:36 AM »
I think i should actually ride my bike rather than embrace a new look. ha ha ha.

Joe, if you rode your bike I'd be so happy I wouldnt care what colour walls your tires were
(OK .... maybe not if you had Teal wall tires!  :-X )

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 10:30 AM »
What size are those tyres Alex?

SaMAlex

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 10:45 AM »
The tyres are 2.1 rear, 2.25 front.

I really like having matching tyres but I also like having a bigger, slightly more knobby one on the front. It makes me think of 80s snakebellys.

The United Knobby tyres only come in 2.25 (I think?).
The smooth ones come in 2.3 and 2.1 and I dont want a bigger one on the rear so I didnt have much choice.

Here's how the build is going so far. I cut the bars down to 28" wide and the stem is pretty much flush with the top of the forks.
Bikes are SO easy to build now!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:23 AM by S&MAlex »

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 10:55 AM »
Man, that thing is going to look ace when it's done  :4_17_5: are You running a gyro on this One?

I just got a pair of 2.25's to try, You know to see if there's something in it, anyway they look like motocross tyres & barely fit in the rear triangle! Yet to try it out but I'd imagine they help soak up impacts a bit. 

SaMAlex

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2013, 11:12 AM »
Yeah, i weren't too sure on a front tire that big but its still quite smooth on the middle, and I like the look of extra tread on the side. I'll pump it up and do a Canadian. If that's OK .... All good!

I always build a bike up first without brakes cos it saves the ball-ache of setting them up till after the rest is working.
Then I always build with a straight cable first. It looks cleaner, easier to do, and I dont have to set the gyro up. I'll probably put the gyro on after a while cos I do prefer them.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  My New S&M is on its way!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx