gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rit-dyeing my padset
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rit-dyeing my padset  (Read 877 times)

Benharcombe

Rit-dyeing my padset
« on: March 10, 2013, 01:04 AM »
Sorry if this has been covered loads before I have used search but not found my answer

I have a set of yellow Raleigh pads with black lettering. I'd like to know which blue would be closest to the burner padsets as theirs more than 1 blue shade of rit-dye which is just bloody typical. I've seen the lettering could be altered but that doesn't matter

Also is this the same stuff your all doing the seats with as the spare I have is yellow and would also like blue

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Rit-dyeing my padset
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 02:05 AM »
The colour in RIT or Dylon will depend on ~ dye + water volume + amount of time in solution = left in longer can make it darker = small amout of dye and larger volume of water with make it lighter in colour

not sure on RIT colours for the mo - will have to check

I guess the colour in real life is near a cobalt/electric blue ?

but for info on Dylon, see my charts i have of MP dylon dyes

http://www.ritdye.com/colorit_color_formula_guide

close to royal blue ? it's gonna look different on your PC
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachments/tele-technical/4013d1183168433-anyone-use-rit-dye-stain-guitar-rit-jpg

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rit-dyeing my padset

gfxgfx
gfx gfx