gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975610 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 19, 2024, 08:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Washing a padset !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Washing a padset !  (Read 954 times)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Washing a padset !
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Hi ,

I recently bought a GT pad set in white, the pads are pretty mint although the stem pad (has yellowed a little).

I'm not even sure if this can be cleaned but I wondered if anyone has any tips on do's or dont's when it comes to washing & cleaning pad sets as i'm a little worried about the print fading or coming off alltogether If I throw them in the wash with some vanish ?

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
Re: Washing a padset !
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 05:04 PM »
Pm bendy.. He's good at that sort of thing, not good at fook all else. :daumenhoch:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Pm bendy.. He's good at that sort of thing, not good at fook all else. :daumenhoch:

Haha he's pretty good with Mags i reckon !

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:35 PM »
I've put them through the washing machine, with a little liquid. Leave them on the foam so they dont fold up and crease.  :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 09:25 AM »
if you put it in the washing machine, put it on a low temp or the colours might run and fade out ! but yes keep them on the form to stop them creasing

if you had wash it - try vanish on the white bits using a tooth brush and rinse in cold water afterwards

some times it might not be possible to shift the yellowing with out the other colours changing - so try getting it a bit whiter, but don't go too far or you might regret it and loose what you had !

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 12:41 PM »
if you put it in the washing machine, put it on a low temp or the colours might run and fade out ! but yes keep them on the form to stop them creasing

if you had wash it - try vanish on the white bits using a tooth brush and rinse in cold water afterwards

some times it might not be possible to shift the yellowing with out the other colours changing - so try getting it a bit whiter, but don't go too far or you might regret it and loose what you had !

cheers B  ;)

Cheers B ! This was a method I was contemplating. Ill update over the weekend ( if successful ) ....

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 03:44 PM »
I cant speak for gt ones, but i ruined a skyway bar pad ny putting it the washing machine, even on a gentle wash with no spin. To say i was gutted was an understatement. Spent the next few weeks scanning what was left if the logo, sorting it out using photshop type software, sourcing some white pad material, and getting a batch of them screen printed. Ended up cisting me about £120 from start to finish, but the good news is that i have 10 skyway bar pad covers. Plenty of spares in case of fading/damage. I did all this before i was aware of firebird steve's skills.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 03:56 PM »
I cant speak for gt ones, but i ruined a skyway bar pad ny putting it the washing machine, even on a gentle wash with no spin. To say i was gutted was an understatement. Spent the next few weeks scanning what was left if the logo, sorting it out using photshop type software, sourcing some white pad material, and getting a batch of them screen printed. Ended up cisting me about £120 from start to finish, but the good news is that i have 10 skyway bar pad covers. Plenty of spares in case of fading/damage. I did all this before i was aware of firebird steve's skills.

Ah Mate, (Wounded)......

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 04:12 PM »
Good luck, i hope it turns out ok

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Washing a padset !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx