gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 01:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  fund raising ideas??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: fund raising ideas??  (Read 2061 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
fund raising ideas??
« on: February 26, 2013, 05:56 PM »
Okay, does anyone have any good ideas for fund raising?

I live in Hatfield who have had plans for a concrete skate park agreed by the local council.  They have had funding agreed up to a point but are a fair bit short of the total needed.  I thought it would be a good idea to involve the local kids and try and raise some funds.  Now we're never going to find the full short fall but it will show the council that the local people are behind the park.

All ideas welcome  :daumenhoch:

deeman

Re: fund raising ideas??
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 06:37 PM »
A 'charity' car wash'the charity obviously being the skatepark.Those hand car washes make a bundle.A few weekends at it should raise a few bob.I'm sure a couple of dads would donate/loan a jet wash or two to the cause. :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:46 PM »
A 'charity' car wash'the charity obviously being the skatepark.Those hand car washes make a bundle.A few weekends at it should raise a few bob.I'm sure a couple of dads would donate/loan a jet wash or two to the cause. :daumenhoch:

That is a good idea  :daumenhoch:

Also stuff like cake sales, one of my partners clients has made us some cakes & they are lovely, I would pay £10-£15 no problem for one of these  :coolsmiley:

I think it's good to give people something for there money, that way they don't mind paying.

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:47 PM »
Have you tried any local charitable trusts? Contact your local newspaper as well as you never know who'll be reading.

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:49 PM »
how about a sponsered "litter picking in the community day"   Englands a filthy place , ask locals to sponser the kids a few quid to clean up the local streets  :daumenhoch:  people only have to drop a couple of quid in ur collection tin, community gets a good clean, rasies funds, kids may then appreciate the place . minimum out lay .ie. only thing you to buy are plastic bin bags ,a win win situation for every one  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:53 PM by Badbaldie »

Al Wyn

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:49 PM »
Whats the short fall Rob? Lottery grant?

deeman

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 06:55 PM »
how about a sponsered "litter picking in the community day"   Englands a filthy place , ask locals to sponser the kids a few quid to clean up the local streets  :daumenhoch:  people only have to drop a couple of quid in ur collection tin, community gets a good clean, rasies funds, kids may then appreciate the place . minimum out lay .ie. only thing you to buy are plastic bin bags ,a win win situation for every one  :daumenhoch:

That's a good shout :daumenhoch:

dp and Chopper Dude

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 06:58 PM »
What about bag packing at a local supermarket? I've heard they can raise a few bob

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Some kind of bike race event... ???

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 07:42 PM »
All good ideas guys, liking the car wash and litter picking thing.  Just gotta get some locals to chip in as well  ;D

All, the short fall is about 85k of which they are waiting on some grant applications to come through, I just thought if the the local kids got behind it they will see how much they want it  :daumenhoch:

Offline Wez

• Look Back
  • What's Happenin' Derek ???
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Bike marathon on an old exercise bike, look for pounds or pence sponsorship per kilometer cycled with a small team  ;)
WANTED: Orphan Early 80's Front Skyway Graphite 8)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 11:48 AM »
Good one  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 12:01 PM »
 :) Contact your police force-There is a scheme called Community Cashback whereby proceeds from crime that have been seized are donated to various groups.Supermarket bag-packing is very popular and some areas the waiting list is over 18 months.Do you have a steering group and a bank account? Get an article in the local rag may also help.Get people going around local shops/businesses asking if they can donate raffle prizes. If you have a printout with your acheivements so far and your hopes for the future that be given out to potential benenfectors may also help.If you have a local sporting body then approach them.The NHS also donate money to causes for getting bodies on bikes.... :daumenhoch:

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 04:25 PM »
car boot sale

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 05:23 PM »
How about a "racist/religious" slur jar on Rad. Anyone says anything and they chuck in £10 rather than being banned. Once they get to £30 THEN they are banned, meanwhile doing something worthy for charity.  :daumenhoch:

Or, how about anyone with any old parts they dont want giving them up and ebaying them with all proceeds going to the charity. I have some blue mushroom grips that will start it off, should get about £30 for those.  :daumenhoch:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Celebrity Morris dancing

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 07:25 PM »

I think its great your local council are looking to build a new skate park. It seems that more and more councils are looking to build them these days, just like the good old days. Great idea having sponsered events, as ever little helps and as you say shows the local people are behind it. If it keeps kids off the street then it gives them something to focus on. Better than hanging outside a McDonalds.  :)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 07:25 PM »
How about a "racist/religious" slur jar on Rad. Anyone says anything and they chuck in £10 rather than being banned. Once they get to £30 THEN they are banned, meanwhile doing something worthy for charity.  :daumenhoch:

;D

Excellent...!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Setting up a meeting with the local paper/council to run through ideas and publicise  :daumenhoch:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51 PM »
we could sell D E V I L O C K's brain for scientific research  :)
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Nigelb

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11 PM »
we could sell D E V I L O C K's brain for scientific research  :)
Fook me you couldn't give it away...........Let alone flog it. ;)

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 09:39 PM »
we could sell D E V I L O C K's brain for scientific research  :)
after seeing his haircut today,you could get people to pay money to stare at him
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 10:20 PM »
One of things the klids done to raise cash for the park in Ware was a BMX float for our carnival "shake those buckets"
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  fund raising ideas??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx