gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 01:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  New school flatland bikes for old blokes!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New school flatland bikes for old blokes!  (Read 9582 times)

welsh denny

Re: New school flatland bikes for old blokes!
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 03:58 PM »
/>
the only triple attempt i have on video from 1996- happened by accident as bike was still there i jumped again. got closer than this over the years but not filming at the time.

can't double decade properly on the new skool frame -needs a slightly higher toptube by seatclamp area for switching feet and jumping again.

may be sorting a 2nd hand frame out similarly sized but higher standover height so hopefully i can finally get doubles back and finally nail a triple. been chasing this

trick on and off for 16 years. my knee is ruined nowadays and strap it up to walk without it collapsing but can't give up riding -love it too much.

here is some riding of me from one day last summer

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 04:37 PM »
Cool pics as usual Denny  :daumenhoch: are those GT Pacman pegs You're running?
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

paulb113

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 07:09 PM »
great clips, very impressed :4_17_5: I need to learn some of that stuff.

My knee is also wrecked I completely tore my plc ligament roller skating backwards at about 200 miles an hour :LolLolLolLol:

paulb113

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 08:55 PM »

I ended up buying this so going to stick pegs, gyro and longer seatpost and just use it for everything as price is too high for the flatland bike. Just need to sell my other new school norco nail bmx to fund the bits :LolLolLolLol:

welsh denny

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 10:16 PM »
no, the pegs i designed and got a mate to make them for me.

loads seem to be using plastic flatland pegs now- will i switch too? who knows in time.....

paulb113

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 11:01 PM »
I got a set of plastic pegs very light will get another set, gyro and longer post and use Fst for older stuff. Want to try bar rides but I could hardly do the when I was young :LolLolLolLol:

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Shortish Standard stem, some old flatland pegs and away we go :)

Neil

paulb113

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 05:21 AM »
Nice bike :4_17_5:

What make and trype is the seat and seat post? Mine has the small pivotal seat and short post.what make are the pegs and do they screw on or wheel nut inside the peg.

Thanks

Offline garran

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 08:05 AM »
Paul, if I were you I would peg up the new bike you have, put a gyro a higher seatpost on and try some flat. that way you have a street flat bike. if you can do the tricks on the fst then you will easily do them on the other, get used to that and you can flat, street and jump on it without hitting your pocket. just a thought?

deeman

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 10:40 AM »
Paul.I have a longer black pivotal post kicking about if you need it.The seat on the Dirt bike is an odyssey Aitken-nice seats :daumenhoch:

paulb113

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 03:25 PM »
Garran I think thats what I will do if I manage to survive the lockin at the arc in Preston :LolLolLolLol:

Deeman I sent you a pm about the post, thanks. Winstanleys is near me and they have a few padded pivotal seats in the sale.

It is tons lighter than the FST but I do love the Frequency G tyres I bought for the FST and enjoying re learning all the 80s tricks :D

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 03:35 PM »
Paul I can see that you are going to make me even more skint  than I already am... :2gunsfiring_v1:
But heh I saved £520 not buying that NOS Elina seat so jobs a good un :idiot2: ;D :LolLolLolLol:
I loved that blue flatland bike..... some great photos there  :smitten: :4_17_5: brilliant tricks :smitten:
Let's hope I  really  hate the Preston lock in  ::)   :LolLolLolLol:
Ant
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

paulb113

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 05:39 PM »
Ant you need to stop paying silly money for old parts :LolLolLolLol:

I hope we like Preston :) I bet you end up getting a new school bike if we don't end up it Hospital :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks for seatpost Deeman :4_17_5:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 06:05 PM »
Why not just stick some grip tape on the top of normal pegs?

Lovely Dirtbike  :smitten:

But those pegs  :-\
2 minutes turkish...

kenma

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Sorry to jump in on this thread but as I'm definately an old bloke I didn't think it'd matter... ;)

I've recently got back into BMX and I just wondered what the crack is with the "lock in at Preston" cos I live pretty near...

Ta very much

paulb113

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 02:55 PM »
Hi Kenma I have only just got back into bmx recently myself after almost 20 years :) I got an 1986 Haro FST and been playing about doing 80s tricks on it and just used it for the Merseyride in Liverpool at the weekend. Betty on here has organised a lockin at the arc in preston  not too far as I am in Wigan. I think it's 10th of May 9pm to 12 (can get in from 8pm) and its a tenner each he needed at least 15 people which he has so if you come along it will be pretty empty so should be fun, I have never ridden new school bikes so looking forward to having a go but at 43 with a dodgy leg I think I will give it a miss on the crazy stuff like back flips :LolLolLolLol: will be fun just rolling round ;D

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 06:50 PM »

I've recently got back into BMX and I just wondered what the crack is with the "lock in at Preston" cos I live pretty near...

As the thread says, stick yer name down, come along and enjoy a virtually empty park with like minded old folk, no scooter rats and no flip whipper kids

Think back ache not back flips, you won't be far wrong  ;D

2 minutes turkish...

kenma

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Thanks for the replies chaps, think I'll try and get down for a look...

Just the thought of getting another lock in is pretty good - just like the good old days...(of drinking) !  :LolLolLolLol:

paulb113

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37 PM »
hmmm...yea,well confusing!!isn't the post I gave you the same if you take the top clamp off?'the seat i bought is a new GT one but has the same rails and guts like an old one,so I got a normal straight black ally post for it.Stick a pic of the post i gave you up,someone should be able to tell you what it is!I thought because it was made by DB it was a BMX post,i presumed pivotal cos i had never seen fittings like it before,confused as you are mate!

Deeman sent me this seat post (thanks Damo  :4_17_5:)but we are a bit confused to what type it is :LolLolLolLol:

Anybody know if this is a bmx seat post and if it is what type of seat I would need?

Thanks

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 08:03 PM »
Yep thats a bmx post for sure Paul.....they can be a bit of a pain in the arse at times but using the alloy adapters it clamps directly on to the rails of any railed seat  :daumenhoch:

Well....some rails are wider than others but thats the theory  :)

welsh denny

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 08:16 PM »
as long as the post fits in the frame then should be no problems . most railed seats should fit. very similar to the old primo rod seatposts from mid 90's and they do work much better than the old type seatpost and seat with guts combo.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  New school flatland bikes for old blokes!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx