gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  wheres the shiner thread gone????and
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: wheres the shiner thread gone????and  (Read 8487 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Re: wheres the shiner thread gone????and
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 08:02 AM »
Hope you didn't put that green nos master in the scrap pile Pete  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 08:07 AM »
Hope you didn't put that green nos master in the scrap pile Pete  :LolLolLolLol:

I would have kicked it down the stairs

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 08:40 AM »
So is it really end of an era like you stated nick or have shiners moved stuff from one unit to another? Your thread made out to me that you bought the lot?

To be fair, that's exactly how it looked.

Not sure what the problem was with that either. Fair play.

Although I suspect the problems come when you start selling it into the 'community' for profit, having posted up a thread showing what looks like you bought it all up for next to nowt, pre it being binned.

Might rub some up the wrong way, no?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:47 AM by J.T »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 08:45 AM »
Not sure I give a fook, now who wants to talk about dibbing?
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 08:50 AM »
Think theres a few jealous people about ,think it was spot on of Nick to show the piccys just a shame people have to spoil it

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 08:57 AM »
I never read what got said. I'm just guessing. 

If your going to share your spoils with others, it goes with the territory that some might be jealous, or say things you don't like.

Particularly if you stand to benefit financially from your windfall, and even more so if that profit is likely to come from the very people you are showcasing your stuff too?

Basic human behaviours on show here. lets not fook about pretending otherwise.

Perhaps if it was just the pictures, without the tag line tantamount to ' picked up for a song pre skip, keep your eyes peeled on the for sale section shortly.

That's the fine line.

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 09:11 AM »
I don't care if Gashead got it for nothing then sold it on- its just a shame to see stuff get recycled instead of landing up with people who could enjoy those rare bits of kit or appreciate it. Once it's gone it's gone... :'(

That red Floval Flyer with white Elina lightning bolt seat had my heart jumping! Not to mention boxed nos bikes...it's every enthusiasts fantasy warehouse find - of course he'd brag a bit.

Gashead - please put the pics up again. It's like a garage find deluxe!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 09:12 AM »
The pictures looked awesome nick, I believe the stuff that was weighed in was all cracked/badly made shyte that couldn't be sold or used.

Definitely the end of an era, although I think MK last year was the end as it was Jai's last stall.  His stall of amazing stuff had become stuff of legends at MK and I for one would like to thank jai for all his support over the past 5/6 years, all the stuff you've sold at mk and on here has been amazing to see.  Boxes of stuff with 30 years of dust on them is just crazy!

:daumenhoch:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 09:13 AM »
So is it really end of an era like you stated nick or have shiners moved stuff from one unit to another? Your thread made out to me that you bought the lot?

To be fair, that's exactly how it looked.

Not sure what the problem was with that either. Fair play.

Although I suspect the problems come when you start selling it into the 'community' for profit, having posted up a thread showing what looks like you bought it all up for next to nowt, pre it being binned.

Might rub some up the wrong way, no?

I posted up in the for sale thread that I had bought the same 2hip flat bars at Mk which were mint and nos for £10. How come they are being sold for £60??
£30 I can except but £60 is a bit rich. Yes some profit is exceptable for the outlay, but 600% is pushing it when users have bought stuff from shiners already.
All the things rad stood for over the whole biaggio episode is being lost. I didn't expect one of our own leaders to do the same.

But like others have said. It is his stuff and he can sell it for what he wants. I just think that if we have a view on items that are a bit rich. They should be allowed to be posted not deleted within minutes as all this is doing is putting people off buying anything.  ;)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:23 AM by discostu »

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 09:17 AM »
You guys carry on guessing !

JT, fair play and yes, seems some are bitter.

However, I posted the pics with the intention of showing people what 'Shiner' looked like, that's all.

And if I have bought product to sell, then my choice again! Do people know how much I paid, no, so again people assume I'm 'flipping' it.

Yes Stu, I did delete your post, again, my thread, my choice, tell me, do you know how much I paid then, I'm guessing not.

Perhaps people should remember my quotes at MK, like 'how much would you like to pay' rather then it costs x

Or the likes of many people on here that simply get sent stuff free of charge, where I help out...........

Seems that there are some very bitter people on here, which is quite sad.

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 09:20 AM »
Yeah well those blues hubs i bought at MK for a tenner cost me nearly a grand in total when i ended up building another bike around them  :tickedoff:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2013, 09:22 AM »
Jai's stall was stuff of legend I agree, some of the stuff sold off cheap or reasonable was amazing, shame it had to end and even bigger shame loads went to scrap  :-\

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 09:24 AM »
does anyone reckon China is guilty of cyber attacking American companies ? or is it just the Yanks poking sticks at em ? or is it bull on the news ? did China buy the last of the stock at Shiners with Nick being their agent ? could this be the real reason the Yanks ain't happy ? how much filler was used on Nick s vw bus ? so many questions me head is spinning , i need me porridge

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26 AM »
does anyone reckon China is guilty of cyber attacking American companies ? or is it just the Yanks poking sticks at em ? or is it bull on the news ? did China buy the last of the stock at Shiners with Nick being their agent ? could this be the real reason the Yanks ain't happy ? how much filler was used on Nick s vw bus ? so many questions me head is spinning , i need me porridge

Calm down jimmy lol

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 09:30 AM »
Jesus it this still going?

Nick, totally your business whatever you did or didn't do with it. Period.

Some people need to go out and ride or give the mrs a quick once over. It's just bmx
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2013, 09:31 AM »
You guys carry on guessing !

JT, fair play and yes, seems some are bitter.

However, I posted the pics with the intention of showing people what 'Shiner' looked like, that's all.

And if I have bought product to sell, then my choice again! Do people know how much I paid, no, so again people assume I'm 'flipping' it.

Yes Stu, I did delete your post, again, my thread, my choice, tell me, do you know how much I paid then, I'm guessing not.

Perhaps people should remember my quotes at MK, like 'how much would you like to pay' rather then it costs x

Or the likes of many people on here that simply get sent stuff free of charge, where I help out...........

Seems that there are some very bitter people on here, which is quite sad.

Then why delete my thread??  
It just makes you look as though you are flipping the stuff you bought.
By deleting all these threads instead of answering the points raised it just gives that impression.
Yes the stuff is yours to do what you want with. And yes it is fair to make some profit out of your outlay.
But remember if you start to get a name like biaggio did then not many people are going to bother dealing with you unless they really need that bit.

If the prices were fair It wouldn't of been bought up. :)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2013, 09:33 AM »

I reckon we should gather round a pile of burning cracked ogk mags, and breath in the fumes.

It will all pail into insignificance when our headaches start.

Thn we can pass out and fall in and get cool green plastic smelds on our faces and walk round like real life phantom of the opera blokes.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2013, 09:34 AM »

Thank Christ for the 3 tier system here on rad

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2013, 09:35 AM »
I for one find it all very sad that people get jealous of other people's finds or even feel that they have some sort of right to comment how others choose to do their business.

Rad has definitely lost its community feeling that once made this site such a great place to visit. Yes it is still here to a degree but nothing like it used to be. It just looks like OS BMX has become a money spinner rather than showing a pure love for the OS.

I find it all very sad and petty and even more so the thread deletion. Nick can understand why you choose to delete your own thread, I didnt see the last few posts where it all went downhill so cant comment on that. But deleting other peoples threads is a bit wrong as we all have our own opinions and points of view and we are all old enough to respect that (hopefully).

Be good if you could put the pix back up though or perhaps make a thread purely for OS finds  :)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 09:43 AM »

I reckon we should gather round a pile of burning cracked ogk mags, and breath in the fumes.

It will all pail into insignificance when our headaches start.

Thn we can pass out and fall in and get cool green plastic smelds on our faces and walk round like real life phantom of the opera blokes.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!

deffo , you know whats coming

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2013, 09:44 AM »

Be funny if it wasn't true.

Particularly when it comes to the selling of goods.

All those tier 3 radsters, who pay to buy and sell. Who don't even get access to all the stuff that gets offered in tier 2.

That's got to be worth a really good fooking giggle in the tier two lounge

Oh to be so privileged.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2013, 09:53 AM »
Again Mr J.T is the voice of reason   :4_17_5:

What would people say if the pictures showed all the stuff in a skip  ???

If anything "some" people should be thankful that someone having invested a fair bit of wedge (given the current economic climate) in buying the stock  :coolsmiley: regardless of how much or what it cost.

And like anyone with half a brain if you invest your money you want a return  :daumenhoch: nothing wrong with that its what the makes spin  :smitten:

Would you go to work for the love of it ?

Would you buy a second house and rent it out for free ?

His money his stock............you buy it or not....end of  :angel:

At least it got bought by someone who is in the BMX community  :4_17_5:

Personally I just hate him coz he's welsh..............and better looking than me  :knuppel2:

But on a plus side he does run like a school girl  :-*
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

eamonn

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2013, 09:54 AM »
I asked the question as it was an interesting thread never having seen Shiners  As to buying and selling good luck its no ones business what was paid as long as tbe selling price is fair

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:04 AM by eamonn »

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2013, 10:03 AM »

Be funny if it wasn't true.

Particularly when it comes to the selling of goods.

All those tier 3 radsters, who pay to buy and sell. Who don't even get access to all the stuff that gets offered in tier 2.

That's got to be worth a really good fooking giggle in the tier two lounge

Oh to be so privileged.

is there funny handshakes n all that malarky going on around here ??? do they meet up n slit the throat of a Hutch n dance round it chanting Biagio ??? too many questions for a Sunday morning

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2013, 10:04 AM »
The phaaaaaaaaaantom of the opera is here..

Inside your mind...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  wheres the shiner thread gone????and

gfxgfx
gfx gfx