gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Parcel2go Nightmare insanely long story contained:(
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Parcel2go Nightmare insanely long story contained:(  (Read 3876 times)

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Parcel2go Nightmare insanely long story contained:(
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 12:25 PM »
shame it's not tnt wellingborough as i know the transport manager there  :-[

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 05:35 PM »
Just got this email from parcel2go:
Good Afternoon Jonathan,

Ah I see - it might have been easier if they'd taken the second parcel, as we could have redirected it from there on a new order. As it is, TNT still has this parcel but with no tracking.

I've contacted TNT for another update but I'd like to be able to ask them to send this back to yourself (from where we can redirect it to Ireland once its safely back with you!). If you can confirm for me that its okay to request this is returned to sender for you, I'd like to go forward with that - provided that TNT still have a tab on this. Please let me know.

Have a lovely afternoon.

Kindest Regards
Abbey Brown
Parcel2Go.com

It looks like TNT have found the parcel and are going to return in to sender (me) in order for me to re-book it again and send it on. I will keep you posted and let you know if and when it is likley to be recieved. I am happy to re send it, but will also be happy to give you your money back if you have changed your mind :daumenhoch:

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 05:44 PM »
my experience with parceltogo/ tnt .. did nt turn up for bookings 2 days in a row. refunded. fookwits

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 06:16 PM »
I wouldn't use TNT again. I dont like this buisines of leaving stuff with the neighbours :crazy2:

ThisBitterPill

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 02:32 PM »
Nightmare!....Let's hope it all comes good in the end!

For what it's worth, I stopped using Parcel2Go as they wouldn't insure paintings against damage and I went with http://www.p4d.co.uk/
as they would insure them and their head office is in the town where I live so I took that as a positive sign....

The last time I used them I sent a painting to Minnesota via FedEx.... Their real time tracking was great. It told me exactly where it was from leaving
me to the airport, to landing in the states, even down to the truck it was sent out on and all fully insured for about £30.....

I'll definitely be using them again.  :daumenhoch:

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 02:58 PM »
 :'( TNT are now saying they havent recieved any parcels and paypal have checked the tracking numbers I was given and have said that they arn't working. They have given the buyer his money back, which means I have lost £370
I have sent in pictures of the driver receipts and consignment numbers I was given, but dont hold out much hope :'( I have 25 days to pay paypal back and will have my account suspended in the meantime.  :idiot2:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:10 PM by Threaders »

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 04:05 PM »
 :) Piss poor show from Parcel2Go.I`d get legal on their asses.A solicitors letter can sometimes work wonders.I worked in logistics for 16 years and it was rare for my company to "lose"parcels-we`d carry out warehouse checks several times if neccessary.Keep hassling them and good luck.

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2013, 04:17 PM »
Nightmare mate, I have had a a right bad time with yodel, a guy sold me a skyway wheel, it arrived at leeds yodel, was scanned in on the system as arrived, and then it didnt get delivered. When I rang them, they cant find it, it has vanished from their Leeds depot. Full story is in the non bmx chat room.

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 04:26 PM »
The thing is, I can put in an appeal to paypal and send them pictures of the tracking number and drivers reciept, but then that will mean the buyer looses £370. I think the only thing to do now is to go through the small claims court, which I have never done before, but at least if I win, the money should come from parcel20go or TNT and not the buyer of the two frames. Ill keep you posted and I really appreciate everyones time and advice :daumenhoch:

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 04:34 PM »
I think, from other problems I have heard, that royal mail special delivery is probs best for expensive and rare items. I sent most stuff with parcel force 48 service.

A problem with royal mail is a built bmx is too big to send with them. When I bought my dk, the seller was saying collection only, I managed after a while to pursuade her to post it, it got sent insured for its full value with City Link.

I know where you are coming from, its too expensive and too dodgy sending stuff anywhere other than the mainland.

Fingers crossed the frames turn up and you get sorted out. I hold no hope of ever seeing my skyway wheel, the seller is putting in a claim for it today I think.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 11:58 AM »
The thing is, I can put in an appeal to paypal and send them pictures of the tracking number and drivers reciept, but then that will mean the buyer looses £370. I think the only thing to do now is to go through the small claims court, which I have never done before, but at least if I win, the money should come from parcel20go or TNT and not the buyer of the two frames. Ill keep you posted and I really appreciate everyones time and advice :daumenhoch:

You take Parcel2Go to the small claims court on the basis of the information they gave you; they will collect the two parcels and that is who you had the contract with.  TNT are the subcontractor to Parcel2go you have no contract with them even though they collected the items; they were acting as if they were Parcel2go.  If you win Parcel2go should recover the costs from TNT and so on and so forth.  Especially as you have receipts from TNT acknowledging collection of two parcels not one.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 01:02 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement and the advice. I was going to leave it another week to see if the frames turn up and then I will do as advised :daumenhoch: Ill keep you all posted :daumenhoch:

ThisBitterPill

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 02:26 PM »
They said that TNT tried to leave the other parcel with them, but the neighbour refused to accept it as it was addressed to Ireland.

I wonder what excause they will come up with for this....?  :idiot2:

Rodgy1970

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 02:51 PM »
I think, from other problems I have heard, that royal mail special delivery is probs best for expensive and rare items. I sent most stuff with parcel force 48 service.

A problem with royal mail is a built bmx is too big to send with them. When I bought my dk, the seller was saying collection only, I managed after a while to pursuade her to post it, it got sent insured for its full value with City Link.

I know where you are coming from, its too expensive and too dodgy sending stuff anywhere other than the mainland.

Fingers crossed the frames turn up and you get sorted out. I hold no hope of ever seeing my skyway wheel, the seller is putting in a claim for it today I think.

The biggest mistake the seller made in your case was putting it in a laptop box that was just asking for trouble.

BTW anyone who sends a bike built is just asking for it to get wrecked, general rule of thumb is you should be able to throw a parcel down the street without the contents getting wrecked because that's the level of unintentional abuse it will get during handling.

Due my location I use Parcelforce via senditnow.com and you can select the amount of insurance cover you want and send a parcel up to 35kg.

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 02:58 PM »

The biggest mistake the seller made in your case was putting it in a laptop box that was just asking for trouble.

BTW anyone who sends a bike built is just asking for it to get wrecked, general rule of thumb is you should be able to throw a parcel down the street without the contents getting wrecked because that's the level of unintentional abuse it will get during handling.

Due my location I use Parcelforce via senditnow.com and you can select the amount of insurance cover you want and send a parcel up to 35kg.

I spoke to my seller yesterday and told him I thought it had been nicked cos it looked like a laptop, but it turns out, he said it was in a laptop box, but a blank one. Still had loads of people tell me Yodel staff like to nick stuff though.

Rodgy1970

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 03:20 PM »

I spoke to my seller yesterday and told him I thought it had been nicked cos it looked like a laptop, but it turns out, he said it was in a laptop box, but a blank one. Still had loads of people tell me Yodel staff like to nick stuff though.

Unfortunately the thieves Staff soon get to know what is deliver in what box.

No consellation but Bet you the thief was as disappointed as you are.

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 06:32 PM »
scan ebay, even search for 'bicycle frame' etc, you never know??   :2gunsfiring_v1:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Parcel2go Nightmare insanely long story contained:(

gfxgfx
gfx gfx