gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 11:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  peeps who have bought custom s&m frames
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: peeps who have bought custom s&m frames  (Read 767 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
peeps who have bought custom s&m frames
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:02 AM »
i know a couple of you on here have bought customs from s&m so i need a little help

ive been speaking to 4down and they say they dont deal with customs and that i have to go to s&m direct, now once you take in to account s&m charge $150 for shipping plus any import tax once it lands means it gets very expensive

how did you get around this? i thought s&m could put it on the boat with 4downs next order which would bring the shipping down, or did you persuade them to use a different/cheaper shipping method?

also as you are a dealing with s&m direct and not 4down i presume if you have any warranty issues then you have to deal with s&m, so if there is a problem then shipping the frame back to s&m could be expensive

also if a warranty replacement goes through 4down they just replace the frame where as if bought in the states the frame goes directly back to s&m for repair (if possible) not replacement

any info you have will be helpful :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: peeps who have bought custom s&m frames
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 10:17 AM »
The most straightforward way around this is to buy direct and have it shipped to a friendly face in the states who then posts it to you.

You may or may not get hit for import duty and vat.

Warranty is then obviously direct too.

Alternatively, ask Alex if he can call a favour in?

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:52 AM »
I think Glen got His sent to a US Rad member, who then sent it here? Know Anybody off to the States soon that'll have room in Their case?  ;)
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 11:00 AM »
Try asking LiferBMX Steve. He might be able to help since he has had a few Customs.
Having said that RADBMX Stodgy is visiting S&M soon. He might be able talk to them while he's there.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 11:02 AM »
cool will have a chat with them, still gotta convince moeller to build the wtf forks with brake mounts first :2funny:

and im now £250 short due to a mk1 sta coming up :'( :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  peeps who have bought custom s&m frames

gfxgfx
gfx gfx