gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Kuwahara ET prices
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kuwahara ET prices  (Read 8193 times)

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Kuwahara ET prices
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 09:44 AM »
Rich, ignore that lot, good prices to be found at Wheelways, Grimsby....  :daumenhoch:

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 10:31 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: If only, but Andy, that's about the equivalent to £540 in today's money.  :shocked:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 10:34 AM »
:LolLolLolLol: If only, but Andy, that's about the equivalent to £540 in today's money.  :shocked:

It's 100 pounds 6 shillings and 3 pence in Andy's money!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 10:35 AM »
 ;D I think the correct terminology is "thruppence"

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42 AM »
;D I think the correct terminology is "thruppence"

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 10:50 AM »
 :Aresehole:

Just trying to be helpful.............  :P

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 10:51 AM »
:Aresehole:

Just trying to be helpful.............  :P

:-*

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 11:02 AM »
Pm Costa to see if he'd sell his Elliot replica  :daumenhoch:

If that's going anywhere its to me, I've been yanking his chain for well over a year now.

Build your own and send it to Chip @ C4 for a pukka powder job.   :daumenhoch:

In all seriousness, did you see the state of what he sent back to Costa?   :police:  Can't find the thread but it was pretty bad.   :knuppel2:

Why would you send a bike that was painted for powder? You can't expect anything but layers as thick as icing with a fade.

I'm surprised Chip offered to powder an ET that doesn't make sense. His work is normally very good.

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13 AM »
Pm Costa to see if he'd sell his Elliot replica  :daumenhoch:

If that's going anywhere its to me, I've been yanking his chain for well over a year now.

Build your own and send it to Chip @ C4 for a pukka powder job.   :daumenhoch:

In all seriousness, did you see the state of what he sent back to Costa?   :police:  Can't find the thread but it was pretty bad.   :knuppel2:

Why would you send a bike that was painted for powder? You can't expect anything but layers as thick as icing with a fade.

I'm surprised Chip offered to powder an ET that doesn't make sense. His work is normally very good.

at the time when i got the frame dan wasn't painting E.T `s so as the frame was in the U.S i had it sent to that muppit already knowing he was overrated cos of the work ive seen before and had done myself,  had no choice really, they really suck him off over there, they think he walks on water, hes followers are so fooking dumb he made up some neon pink powder and told everybody it was the exact same color GT used as DGP :idiot2: :idiot2:  but ive also spoken to alot of yanks who think hes work is shabby, anyway i let the fooker have it big time but only manged to get half my money back  :tickedoff:
what ever ive had done from him, dans redone it  :coolsmiley:

i wouldnt trust chip to paint my nails  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:20 AM by GTNUMBER1 »

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 11:21 AM »
Seems like he's hit and miss then, a couple I've got are fine but they're one colour.

It's just weird he thought he could powder that finish  :crazy2:  When I spoke to Dan he said paint is the only way to go. He's about to do one for me so after all my nagging Steve I'm finally giving up and doing one myself  :D

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29 AM »
This is going to be real novice question but when you guys are talking about powder coating or paint, I guess you are talking about the product rather than the application method?

Presumably both use some sort of spray gun? Do some people actually paint their bikes layer by layer in one colour with a brush of some sort?)

(keithyt imagines applying the red E.T. fade effect by flicking with a little paint brush  :crazy2: JOKE!)

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 11:32 AM »
Seems like he's hit and miss then, a couple I've got are fine but they're one colour.

It's just weird he thought he could powder that finish  :crazy2:  When I spoke to Dan he said paint is the only way to go. He's about to do one for me so after all my nagging Steve I'm finally giving up and doing one myself  :D

ye you cant powder that, if you look at the pic, the red has bled through white from the heat when its baking, school boy era!!! the cheeky fooker told me thats the best he could do it and it was good enough, i fookin laughed my head off  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 11:41 AM »
Lucky STAR WARS didn't do a BMX or SKATEBOARD = think of the Prices those would fetch for a boxed nos one  :shocked:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 04:39 PM »
This is going to be real novice question but when you guys are talking about powder coating or paint, I guess you are talking about the product rather than the application method?

Presumably both use some sort of spray gun? Do some people actually paint their bikes layer by layer in one colour with a brush of some sort?)

(keithyt imagines applying the red E.T. fade effect by flicking with a little paint brush  :crazy2: JOKE!)

They're two different processes and materials and IMO have a noticeable difference to the finish. Also, if you don't go to the right powder coater you can end up with too thick a coat and welds etc loose definition almost as if they have been dipped in molten plastic or wax.

SuperBikeDan is the authority on this, certainly not me.  He is to powder coat what Neil Armstrong is to space flight.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:49 PM by Jaan »

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 04:41 PM »
Cheers Chris and don't worry, SBDs reputation is legendary across all the OS BMX sites I frequent    :daumenhoch:

leehunt1

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Lucky STAR WARS didn't do a BMX or SKATEBOARD = think of the Prices those would fetch for a boxed nos one  :shocked:

ozone

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 09:32 PM »

(keithyt imagines applying the red E.T. fade effect by flicking with a little paint brush  :crazy2: JOKE!)

They're two different processes and materials and IMO have a noticeable difference to the finish. Also, if you don't go to the right powder coater you can end up with too thick a coat and welds etc loose definition almost as if they have been dipped in molten plastic or wax.

SuperBikeDan is the authority on this, certainly not me.  He is to powder coat what Neil Armstrong is to space flight.

Jaan, people who powder E.T.s do the whole frame candy red and create the fade using white paint over the top of the powder.  That's how FHM reader used to do his and they are very good IMO.  Not for the more anal aficionado obviously. 

Costa got reamed good and proper by Chip.   :bondage:  I hear he enjoys that sort of thing...

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 09:45 PM »

Jaan, people who powder E.T.s do the whole frame candy red and create the fade using white paint over the top of the powder.  That's how FHM reader used to do his and they are very good IMO.  Not for the more anal aficionado obviously. 

Costa got reamed good and proper by Chip.   :bondage:  I hear he enjoys that sort of thing...

fooker didnt even use Vaseline :2funny: :2funny:

Rabdul06

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2013, 10:13 PM »
Sent you a PM -

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Kuwahara ET prices

gfxgfx
gfx gfx