gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Newbie advice.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newbie advice.  (Read 1023 times)

Sprite5

Newbie advice.
« on: February 02, 2013, 06:38 PM »
hello there, first post and looking for some advice. Been cycling for years now, on road and for last few years mtbing too. Now looking to buy a bmx for some local fun and to help improve my mtb riding.

Im 6' 5" and have me mind set on 24" wheels, looking for a long TT too so going for 22" there if possible. I keep coming back to the Sunday Model C 2012, i'll mainly be riding the local woods, pump tracks,maybe a little street when im too lazy to go further and maybe some mooching around the local mtb trails. Very much doubt ill be doing any racing or visting any skate parks.

Is this bike a good choice for what im looking to ride? Any other suggestions? Ta muchly for any help.

Clean

Re: Newbie advice.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:42 PM »
Hallo, mate, and welcome to RAD!  :daumenhoch:

I am personally not a fan of 24" BMXs, but plenty on here are; being your height I can understand your thinking, but I wouldn't rule out a twenty incher immediately.  ::)

Have you ridden bikes of both sizes in anger to see what suits?  ???

For the record Sunday make great bikes, and the kids love 'em so you will get plenty of rep!  :D

Clean.  :coolsmiley:

Sprite5

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 09:52 PM »

Ta for the advice, i've been riding a 20" GT something or other for a few weeks now, borrowed from a friend of a friend who does a bit of racing and has about 6 bikes at any one time. I also tried a Redline with 24" and just felt much more at home and comfortable on the 24's. I'm not going to buy for another couple of weeks yet and will be sticking with the 20" just to see if it starts to make sense to me.

I'm going to have a mooch around and se if i can get a close up look of the Sunday, get a test ride somewhere then think some more. Little bored of the MTB at the mo, had a few offs and had to do a fair bit of fettling to get the bike up n running, really looking forward to spending some serious time on the wee bikes, looking forward to being able to just get up and go without having to carry half a bike shop on me back. I'll never give up the MTB i love riding the trails but i think i can find some time for both.

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59 PM »
The Sunday you've mentioned will fit the bill perfectly  :daumenhoch:

2 minutes turkish...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Newbie advice.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx