gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 09:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Volume dinosaur
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Volume dinosaur  (Read 1965 times)

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Volume dinosaur
« on: January 13, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Ive just brought this but know nothing about new school bikes. It was cheap and had only been used four times  :)

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Volume dinosaur
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Early 00's tank, stems on upside down probably to give the (i'm guessing) small bars a bit of extra rise

Can't go wrong if it was cheap, you won't break it in hurry  ;D

What are the cranks?
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:13 PM »
As Betty said - late midschool tank  :daumenhoch:

Them cranks are those one's BMX City were flogging off last year cheap - think TheCaptain bought a load of them on eBay a while back. Can't for the life of me remember what they're called though.
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 07:17 PM »
Cranks are ultimate hardwear ones the fella i got it off said he built it two years ago and haden't used it and everything seems like new.Tthe stems upside down and seat clamp is the wrong way round but other than that i'm happy  :) and its a feather weight compared to my cromo pork  ;)  

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 07:19 PM »
Cranks are ultimate hardwear ones the fella i got it off said he built it two years ago and haden't used it and everything seems like new.Tthe stems upside down and seat clamp is the wrong way round but other than that i'm happy  :) and its a feather weight compared to my cromo pork  ;)  

Thems the one's - fook me I was racking my brain then to remember the crank brands. Good solid bike that  :daumenhoch:

(and yes I'm sh1t and still haven't sent you those archaeology details - sorry!)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 07:32 PM »
cool late mid school find :daumenhoch:

Thems the one's - fook me I was racking my brain then to remember the crank brands. Good solid bike that  :daumenhoch:

(and yes kev I'm sh1t and still haven't sent you my mk1 holmes yet - sorry!)
:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 09:23 PM »
cool late mid school find :daumenhoch:

Thems the one's - fook me I was racking my brain then to remember the crank brands. Good solid bike that  :daumenhoch:

(and yes kev I'm sh1t and still haven't sent you my mk1 holmes yet - sorry!)

I hate you  ;D

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 04:02 AM »

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 03:26 PM »
So is it mid school then? Does anyone know the year of this frame as the bike was built two years ago so frame must of been old stock  :)

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 05:52 PM »
It's probably a 2003 model - the later one's had those massive built-in gyro tabs. I think Cyclesport and W@nkstanleys were selling NOS 2003's a couple of years ago for around the £50-60 mark :)

If it is a 2003, in my book that's still just mid school  :daumenhoch:

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 02:05 PM »

Thems the one's - fook me I was racking my brain then to remember the crank brands. Good solid bike that  :daumenhoch:

(and yes I'm sh1t and still haven't sent you those archaeology details - sorry!)
Ultimate hardware sherman cranks  :daumenhoch: just been looking through ride mag from feb 02 the cranks and volume frame are advertised in there.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Volume dinosaur

gfxgfx
gfx gfx