gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline flight 401 help needed please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline flight 401 help needed please  (Read 4260 times)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Redline flight 401 help needed please
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 12:06 AM »
ok heres the answer, 401 full wrap, single pinch flights do fit on a modern twin pinch spindle, i pulled two bikes apart this evening to try it  :LolLolLolLol:
here we have my assassin which runs modern twin pinch flights and spindle, the BB is profile but that doesnt make any difference, as it the same 19mm as a redline.
on the right is the twin pincher and on the left is the single, both on the same spindle, you can clearly see the modern type bolt as i didnt do it fully up for the photo  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:27 AM by 58delray »

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 12:20 AM »
ok heres the answer, 401 full wrap, single pinch flights do fit on a modern twin pinch spindle, i pulled two bicks apart this evening to try it  :LolLolLolLol:
here we have my assassin which runs modern twin pinch flights and spindle, the BB is profile but that doesnt make any difference, as it the same 19mm as a redline.
on the right is the twin pincher and on the lft is the single, both on the same spindle  :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 07:51 AM »
Legendary work mate!!! Great news...now I need to be sold  these crank arms for a great price and jobs a good un :daumenhoch:
brilliant stuff all round Andy ...I never doubted you for a second 8) :LolLolLolLol: 
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 09:35 AM »
Legendary work mate!!! Great news...now I need to be sold  these crank arms for a great price and jobs a good un :daumenhoch:
brilliant stuff all round Andy ...I never doubted you for a second 8) :LolLolLolLol: 

You lying bastard!!

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 06:03 PM »
What are they for Antony...?  ;)

I'm sure that with your dectective skills you'll be able to work it out Rich ? 8)
I always had you down as part Tim March, part Columbo and part Patrick Bateman :LolLolLolLol:
Maybe you'll have some very rare parts that I'll need and will sell them to me for a bag of magic beans ? ::)

Didn't buy any cranks cos.... early ones were bleedin' knackered- huge bits of chrome missing so didn't fancy them...older ones were lovely but just not era correct :daumenhoch:
Got the bubble font chainring though and a lovely nos cheng shin black snakebelly ....mmmm yummy  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks to everybody ( except Rich :2funny: )for your expertise and help and will defo use it to buy some nice 401s :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:24 PM by Factory Pilot »
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 06:51 PM »

no problem, glad to be of service  :daumenhoch:

Offline garran

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 06:58 PM »
one of the worst things i did was let my flights go(on my mint hoffman big daddy for £250 complete, still have nightmares now), top cranks, good thread

Offline garran

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 06:59 PM »
still got the og box though!!

retrosalad

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 08:50 AM »
 ive got 2 sets of 401's stashed away from the early 80's,dont ask why :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline flight 401 help needed please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx