gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 03:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NOS Kuwahara ET on American eBay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NOS Kuwahara ET on American eBay  (Read 6572 times)

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
Re: NOS Kuwahara ET on American eBay
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 12:17 PM »
ETs should be KZ1's, well if you want a proper 1 (or 3)  ;)

KZ-1 Elliott reps are ten a penny nowadays since that thread on here revealed that the bikes in the film weren't KZ2.5's.   

Hats off to the guy who rolled his KZ-1 Elliott rep out first.  The rest are just copycats.  (Apart from Meticulous who built one of the other bikes from the movie - pretty sweet it is too  :daumenhoch:)

guess im a copycat then  :-[

i better not build any eddie fiola replicas then  :'(

Your build is fantastic Steve. The idea of calling BMX builders "just copycats" boarders on the ridiculous IMO. Isn't that what most builds are?  Factory builds, rider builds, etc etc.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:21 PM by Jaan »

ozone

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 02:04 PM »

KZ-1 Elliott reps are ten a penny nowadays since that thread on here revealed that the bikes in the film weren't KZ2.5's.   

Hats off to the guy who rolled his KZ-1 Elliott rep out first.  The rest are just copycats.  (Apart from Meticulous who built one of the other bikes from the movie - pretty sweet it is too  :daumenhoch:)

"Ten a penny" - are you the guy that caught the 200lb fish :LolLolLolLol:

Yes.  I just hooked a greekus-peterandreus good and proper.   :2funny:

Just kidding guys.   :-*

Jim Wise was the first guy to build an Eliiott replica, that I know, of so any credit should go his way IMO.  (I know he used a KZ2.5 frame but he was still the first one to copy the bike from the movie.   :daumenhoch: )

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 02:12 PM »

Jim Wise was the first guy to build an Eliiott replica, that I know, of so any credit should go his way IMO.  (I know he used a KZ2.5 frame but he was still the first one to copy the bike from the movie.   :daumenhoch: )

Not really mate - I own Sam's ET, 2 others from the film and am planning the final 2 so more like "geekETus"  :LolLolLolLol:

I have been goading Steve for his rep to save me building an Elliot  :daumenhoch:

ozone

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 02:20 PM »

Not really mate - I own Sam's ET, 2 others from the film and am planning the final 2 so more like "geekETus"  :LolLolLolLol:

Good idea, doing them all.  I look forward to seeing them.   :daumenhoch:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 02:30 PM »
Jim Wise was the first guy to build an Eliiott replica, that I know, of so any credit should go his way IMO.  (I know he used a KZ2.5 frame but he was still the first one to copy the bike from the movie.   :daumenhoch: )

I built this back in 2007:

Everyone at the time was building the shop bikes and i thought it would be cool to replicate Elliot's bike from the film.
I know it was a looptail unlike Elliot's but hey.

TBH hated these bikes as a kid but it wasnt until I saw Jazzchimp's at MK06 that I realised how nice they are. Ride very well too. Underestimated bikes the Kuwaharas.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:32 PM by jimwise68 »

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Thats a nice build Jim.  The tyres and 1/2 rat traps are real SOBs to find.  I'm being really anal with mine so its Nagaoka seat posts, Win slant stems etc.  I'm in no rush to build them, just picking up parts along the way, i reckon i'm a couple of years away from having all 5...  I do have rider KZ1 and which is really light - I love them...

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 02:57 PM »
Cheers Jaan

i know it wasnt 100% exact but you get the idea.

It was the first "Elliot Rep" that had been done at the time though (well on Rad anyway).  :angel:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Was it painted Jim?  I'm fussy about that too.  Think it should be paint...

Chris

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 03:05 PM »
Yes it was painted, by someone on here but cant remember who. It was a fantastic job to.  :coolsmiley:

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Jim Wise was the first guy to build an Eliiott replica, that I know, of so any credit should go his way IMO.  (I know he used a KZ2.5 frame but he was still the first one to copy the bike from the movie.   :daumenhoch: )

Everyone at the time was building the shop bikes and i thought it would be cool to replicate Elliot's bike from the film.

TBH hated these bikes as a kid but it wasnt until I saw Jazzchimp's at MK06 that I realised how nice they are. Ride very well too. Underestimated bikes the Kuwaharas.

nice one jim had the pic saved for ages..... but you got the wrong frame,grips, colour lever and chain, seat clamp and color  headset  ;) for the movie bike.... guess i didnt copy any one on rad then  ::) ::)  :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:51 PM by GTNUMBER1 »

ozone

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 10:43 PM »

nice one jim had the pic saved for ages..... but you got the wrong frame,grips, colour lever and chain, seat clamp and color  headset  ;) for the movie bike.... guess i didnt copy any one on rad then  ::) ::)  :4_17_5:

Sorry, I have put my fishing rod away now.  On the subject of tribute bikes and one close to your heart...

Munners Fiola Kos replica was quite an interesting build.  Did a photo of Eddie riding that event with an OPC ever surface?  I only saw the Aerospeed pictures.

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 11:04 PM »

Sorry, I have put my fishing rod away now.  On the subject of tribute bikes and one close to your heart...

Munners Fiola Kos replica was quite an interesting build.  Did a photo of Eddie riding that event with an OPC ever surface?  I only saw the Aerospeed pictures.

its all good fun  :D :D ;)

eddie had more bikes than hot dinners try asking him  :LolLolLolLol:  he dont even remember  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: i still find pics of eddies bikes all the time that i didnt know existed, would like to see that pic, was it pre GT cos i dont think he would have been allowed to use aerospeeds, gary turner would have thrown a shit fit    :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 11:10 PM »

You forgot tyres and stem  :daumenhoch:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 11:15 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
Rad was much less anal back in 2007  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 11:21 PM »

Just having some fun - too easy to rip the pi55 sitting at your laptop  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 11:24 PM »

wish i stoped building back in 07 i would have been less anal, having sleepless nights bout a certain part  :idiot2: :uglystupid2: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 09:25 AM »
I wouldnt mind but it wasnt even a Kuwahara.   :crazy2:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 10:43 AM »

:LolLolLolLol: So even the frame and forks go on the whats wrong list! Classic  :LolLolLolLol:

ozone

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 10:48 AM »

:LolLolLolLol: So even the frame and forks go on the whats wrong list! Classic  :LolLolLolLol:

It couldn't fly either.  What a swizz.   :police:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 12:12 PM »

It couldn't fly either.  What a swizz.   :police:

It just gets worse and worse...  :2funny:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 12:25 PM »
Thats nice Jim.

What year is your KZ Chris?

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Thats nice Jim.

What year is your KZ Chris?

Not sure on that one - 82 i think - its changed a bit since that photo (parts not age)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NOS Kuwahara ET on American eBay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx