gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Hiya , what bike will suit me after 14 years !!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hiya , what bike will suit me after 14 years !!!  (Read 1026 times)

Loopysteve

Hiya , what bike will suit me after 14 years !!!
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:58 PM »
Hi , I been away from bmx for 14 years and have just brought a second hand WTP justice , to say the least it's seen better days by far !!! So I'm going to make it a bit of a project for my daughter who would love to give it a go,,,,,

So my question is ..... What bike will suit me as in new complete ,,, used to have a haro mirra and loved it but times have changed ,,, I will spend about 300 and will only be riding parks and maybe some dirt if I return to the old track from the earlie days such as run bridge wells or bexhill ,, any ideas ???? Thanks guys

P.s what is it with the gear set up !! Tiny chain rings are well slow and can't get used to the low ratio gear ! Used to have a 43 tooth now there like 24 ish . Just found I could not get the feel like before :-/

Loopysteve

Re: Hiya , what bike will suit me after 14 years !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:59 PM »
Oh I'm 34 , and 14 stone , 5"11 if that helps

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:02 PM »
Good time to buy, have a look at the 2012 models in some of the shops with massive discounts on em.  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Alright fella - decided not to get that Dirt Bike then ;)

There's a few decent sub £300 completes - my advice would be to give the RAD Shop a ring and see what they've got in in your budget:

http://s266411575.e-shop.info/shop/catalog/browse'sessid=caTpxaqrqeDxgaT5RMCybeqma2C4NkUWYigvGqssjTkLqfBXe4OnkV0AW2nqhcY4

At 5'11" I reckon you'd be alright on a 20.5" TT - the smaller gears are the same gear ratio as the old 44/16, but very slightly slower on pick up when you pedal :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Mark1

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Hi mate, i know its a bit off topic but i havent ridden in a long time and from the places your describing your not far from me so if fancy a ride out some time and a laugh when i stack it give me a shout. I live in Edenbridge so not far from Tun Wells.:daumenhoch:

Loopysteve

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 10:50 PM »
Hi mate, i know its a bit off topic but i havent ridden in a long time and from the places your describing your not far from me so if fancy a ride out some time and a laugh when i stack it give me a shout. I live in Edenbridge so not far from Tun Wells.:daumenhoch:
hey , yeah sounds good ,, getting a new bike next week so should meet up after that , used to be a huge crater in the woods at southbourogh / t wells ! Not sure if you been there ! Also used to ride at bexhill where the backyard jam was taken place , did enter in 1994 lol back in the day '''''' as for staking I did a 5ft spin and right messed it up yet I used to tire tap them !! Think I'm running before walking lol

Danny :::: I well want it but its the agg of building another bike up ! Esp as new parts won't fit so I decided to sweeten up the misses with a weekend break in exchange to allow a £300 budget on a new bike lol bloody deal if I get to take the bike with us haha

Was looking at united or DK but WTP seem to have better bits all in all but then I keep looking at the haros so I may get one of the 400 . 1 or my local shop has a new 2012 justice for 349.99 that I'm sure I could knock him down a bit !

griff

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 12:49 AM »
hey , yeah sounds good ,, getting a new bike next week so should meet up after that , used to be a huge crater in the woods at southbourogh / t wells ! Not sure if you been there ! Also used to ride at bexhill where the backyard jam was taken place , did enter in 1994 lol back in the day '''''' as for staking I did a 5ft spin and right messed it up yet I used to tire tap them !! Think I'm running before walking lol

Danny :::: I well want it but its the agg of building another bike up ! Esp as new parts won't fit so I decided to sweeten up the misses with a weekend break in exchange to allow a £300 budget on a new bike lol bloody deal if I get to take the bike with us haha

Was looking at united or DK but WTP seem to have better bits all in all but then I keep looking at the haros so I may get one of the 400 . 1 or my local shop has a new 2012 justice for 349.99 that I'm sure I could knock him down a bit !

Try here  :daumenhoch:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sale/bmx-bikes/

LENNY-LENTINI

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Hiya , what bike will suit me after 14 years !!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx