gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 09:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Lords Hill,Southampton
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lords Hill,Southampton  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: Lords Hill,Southampton
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 06:53 AM »
Yes Dave, I spent most of my summer holidays there for a few years  :daumenhoch:

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Unfortunately it's now a new education Academy type place so google maps is not yet up to date. I drove out to find it last year, just a few months too late  :(

FAZE3

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 08:10 PM »
I went there about 10 years ago (as an old kid ;)) my mate fella off good and proper, just riding over it. GREAT DAYS

One of those light patches, was a small 1/2 pipe.

Didn't know it was gone now, guess it got little use. There's another track now down near the ASDA in chandlers ford though I think ???

Doz

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:14 PM »
Yeah, it was a great track years ago, very long though. You'd be knackered if you went full tilt round it and that was when I was reasonably fit and rode all the time.

I used to spend alot of time in the early 90's riding around on the track and the mini ramp. The track was pretty overgown even then, it kinda pettered out after the second bend and turned into a thin trail in places rather than a track but alot of the jumps were still "jumpable".

It was a fairly hardcore place to ride at times as some of the local youth were a bit interesting. I remember one time the flat of the mini ramp was burn out and the holes had to be packed with dirt to make it ridable again. I think it went up in flames a few times before the people behind the ramp (I believe it was Chris from Off Beat Sports, but I might be wrong) had enough and just gave up with it.

Went up there a couple of years ago but it was full of idiots on motorbikes trying to pretend they were on the Red Bull X Fighters.

Sad to hear it's gone though I expect no one had BMXed on it for years.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:51 PM »
remember racing there many times....your right..was a very long track.

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 06:14 PM »
Use to work on the council estate at lords hill! What a dump! And they use to ride around the estate on there crossers like it was normal lol screaming up and down the roads and ally ways! Crazy place!
Mid school baby!!

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 05:29 PM »
Saw this thread so i thought as i was in the loft a few trophies could have their name in lights.

Don't have a clue where the little badge has gone from one of the trophies but then i have a whole bag full of them that are in the same condition with badges and engraved bits loose in the bottom.  :'(
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 06:37 PM »
i'll have to go and have a root around in the parents loft.. all my trophies are there, might have the odd one or two.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 09:50 AM »
Ha ha, apart from dirt/ramp jumps Lordshill was my first 'proper' BMX experience. I lived less than a mile up the road at Upton, and rode the track pretty much every day during school holidays etc. The kids from the estate were pretty larey but I never had any bother when I was there (mid-late 80s).

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Lords Hill,Southampton

gfxgfx
gfx gfx