gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  20x1.75 Skin wall / gum wall tyres
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 20x1.75 Skin wall / gum wall tyres  (Read 1160 times)

spleen1970

20x1.75 Skin wall / gum wall tyres
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:47 PM »
Does anyone know if someone in the uk is selling reissue 20x1.75 coloured freestyle tyres ? Seen white skin wall ,green skin wall etc in the US but not over hear  want keep that old school look on my rides but Haro ,paneracers are getting scarce now & it seems a shame to roll around on them !
Nice run around on some nice clean soft rubber & not worry about wearing them out ! Has anyone else had the same thought or know where I can get some white skin wall 20x 1.75 freestyle tyres ?

Cheers Sean :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: 20x1.75 Skin wall / gum wall tyres
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 11:00 PM »
Bit of a problem here mate. It appears over that last few years that the only chance of getting white freestyle tyres in the UK are of you shell out on Panaracers or Haro etc. ::)

There were a couple of sources in the US that even with postage costs were still cheaper.  8)

Sadly though one type (Panaracers copies) were sold by Rini's and unfortunately their owner Virginia has passed on, and as far as I'm aware they are no longer trading. >:D

The others were from Porkchop, (comp ST) copies by Duro, and he's sold out. :(

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 07:32 PM »
There is one other guy in the us on eBay (bmxguru)

he was placing special white/ skinwall orders with Cheng sin factory & sharing the quantities with the guy at Rini's . I called him today as he has stock but he  ship to the uk (only $10 a tyre too) . He told me that he has had too many bad experiences shipping over here & people saying that they didn't get the goods even when tracked & PayPal keep overturning the sales so he kept losing money & his goods!

On the up he did say as tracking is getting better he might stare to ship to Canada the uk & Australia in the near future.

spleen1970

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 08:28 PM »
Yeh i have seen them been on him web site too but been unable to contact him + it does say he wont ship to the uk !
might give him another go see if he will ship them over here !

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Yeh i have seen them been on him web site too but been unable to contact him + it does say he wont ship to the uk !
might give him another go see if he will ship them over here !

If you manage it let me know I want 4 !
Cheers.

spleen1970

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 10:14 PM »
Ok bud will do  :daumenhoch:
I was gonna try & get a couple of pairs so maybe he might if its a bigger order !

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 11:01 PM »
Ok bud will do  :daumenhoch:
I was gonna try & get a couple of pairs so maybe he might if its a bigger order !

Actually got to be honest i think a smaller order would be better, as he's been ripped off for a few hundred quid in the past ! I'll be interested to see how it goes maybe just badgering him will open his eye to the uk market & get him to start shipping in general over here.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  20x1.75 Skin wall / gum wall tyres

gfxgfx
gfx gfx