gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing quick release from mx1000,tips for fitting sharp bottom boot
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Removing quick release from mx1000,tips for fitting sharp bottom boot  (Read 1049 times)

kjilaja

Afternoon all,I need to get the quick release out of my front mx1000 so I can convert to Potts mod,it's riveted in,how do I remove?
Also I bought a sharp bottom boot but seem to be having trouble getting it on any of my frames,do they do different sizes in them or are they just one size?any tips on how to get it on,thanks in advance :daumenhoch:

Jaypeg

Have you tried warming up your bb boot (Hot water)?

kjilaja

Cheers j,worked a treat :daumenhoch:
Just need to get the quick release out now ;)

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
just drill out the quick release mate start small and work your way up  :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Ive got an MX1000 that I was thinking of doing too, I think the drill is the only option  ;)

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
just leave the quick release on, put an adjuster through the hole and you can still use the quick release.

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
just leave the quick release on, put an adjuster through the hole and you can still use the quick release.

How do you mean John?  You got any pics as im trying to work it out in my head  ???

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
like this.

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Aha!!!  Good stuff John  :daumenhoch: ....I think i was having a bit of a blonde moment at the time  ;D

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
It was a long time ago that I did mine but I carefully filed the top of the rivit down until it came off.
I re-fitted the micro adjust where the quick release was and fitted a standard cable clamp to the top.

That was back in the 80's and MX 1000'S didn't cost as much as they do now. If you can make it work OK leave the quick relaese on.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing quick release from mx1000,tips for fitting sharp bottom boot

gfxgfx
gfx gfx