gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 06:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  supergoose ?????????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: supergoose ?????????  (Read 773 times)

ali73

supergoose ?????????
« on: July 24, 2006, 09:58 PM »
can anyone tell me what actually is a mongoose 'supergoose'?... where does it sit on the mongoose family tree.
as far as i can tell in the mid eighties there was the expert, californian and the pro class.
I've got an 85 expert frame which i would love to turn into a supergoose replica.
any help on this would be cool.. thanks to all.

duncan

Re: supergoose ?????????
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 02:24 AM »
Have a look in the Museum section of this site. On the 3rd page of the Mongoose thread is a Supergoose.

The family tree in the UK went Grand Prix, Californian, Supergoose, Pro Class.
I think the Expert frame was more or less identical to the Californian's.

As far as I can tell, a set of Supergoose stickers would make your Expert look pretty much like a Supergoose.
There are differences in the tubing material and probably the geometry and tube diameters, but as an ex-Californian owner I can't tell them apart without decals.

Have a search on this site for other threads about the differences between the framesets, and the components supplied with each.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 03:35 AM »
The Super was all chro-mo with the regular goose being just the front triangle chro-mo  :daumenhoch:

selfpreservation

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 08:56 AM »
super was cromo frame and forks  and i heard somewhere the back end is thicker tubing than the cali (cant confirm this cause i dont own a cali ) whats wrong with just building an expert though? they are mean machines anyway and a fake supergoose is all we need to add too the confusion

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 09:25 AM »
i have an 84 expert frame - and that is all chromo

dont make another supergoose lookylikey!

the experts were great bikes. yours is all chromo if it has stickers like mine:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  supergoose ?????????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx