gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 07:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Rarest Freestyler Ever to me...LOL, Like it Or NOT ~ Never Seen till NOW
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Rarest Freestyler Ever to me...LOL, Like it Or NOT ~ Never Seen till NOW  (Read 17772 times)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Fie years is a long time in BMX  ;D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Cool as fook that peregrine

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
sweet bike  :4_17_5:

i dont see a one off as a rare frame, cos its something someone decided to knock up in there lunch hr and theres always going to be just one, so its a ONE OFF there is no other....... but looking for a bike or frame that was sold to the public and there aint any anywere on the planet than thats rare in my book  :coolsmiley:

my 1990 dyno pro compe frame was advertised and sold to the public but how many have actually shown up? NONE, (all ive seen is pics of dave volker riding it)not even on the museum or any were else, forget over here cos you dont make friends having dynos (said the Sheppard)  :2funny: :2funny: :LolLolLolLol:   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:39 AM by GTNUMBER1 »

leehunt1

Re: The Rarest Freestyler Ever, Like it Or NOT ~ Never Seen till NOW
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2012, 07:35 AM »
Very nice indeed, but you can't call it 'rarest' after showing us a scan of the ad showing it for sale to the general public

E.g. Kappy's prototype DP is a one-off, I'm sure the chaps on here could reel off a list of other one-off freestylers

Twonk..!

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Well said Mr Costa. A one off is a one off and of course will be rare.

But a complete bike that is the only one known in existence is rare. But to say it is the RAREST is a big statement.

Judging by the price i can see why it is a rare bike. Probably also rare as im sure not many people would have chosen it over a more well known/cooler brand name.

Good to see something different.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:

But a complete bike that is the only one known in existence is rare. But to say it is the RAREST is a big statement.

Judging by the price i can see why it is a rare bike. Probably also rare as im sure not many people would have chosen it over a more well known/cooler brand name.

Like a Haro!!! ;D

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
 ;D

Feck me, I thought this was a site about BMX history. Lost within the usual bickering and white noise in this thread is a decent bit of historical information. Shame that went through without much notice.  Seriously, I used to wonder why this site was such a closed shop, now I know. Get over it and enjoy the dudes cool bike.

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
Re: The Rarest Freestyler Ever, Like it Or NOT ~ Never Seen till NOW
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2012, 09:23 AM »
Very nice indeed, but you can't call it 'rarest' after showing us a scan of the ad showing it for sale to the general public

E.g. Kappy's prototype DP is a one-off, I'm sure the chaps on here could reel off a list of other one-off freestylers

Twonk..!

A well constructed and rationalised argument there.... ::)
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

FREESTYLE MASTER

sweet bike  :4_17_5:

i dont see a one off as a rare frame, cos its something someone decided to knock up in there lunch hr and theres always going to be just one, so its a ONE OFF there is no other....... but looking for a bike or frame that was sold to the public and there aint any anywere on the planet than thats rare in my book  :coolsmiley:

my 1990 dyno pro compe frame was advertised and sold to the public but how many have actually shown up? NONE, (all ive seen is pics of dave volker riding it)not even on the museum or any were else, forget over here cos you dont make friends having dynos (said the Sheppard)  :2funny: :2funny: :LolLolLolLol:   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks for the comment,

They'll never understand seems they haven't scored something RARE  :LolLolLolLol:

FREESTYLE MASTER

Its the RAREST to me they probably never be a RAREST Ever its a matter of opinion

Peregrine was really only known for the parts being on High End Models such as the Team Master, General Osborn Pro's and some of the red lines coming with Peregrine Masters from Factory, And Also on the Kuwahras top freestyler.

They where never known for there bikes especially since they where only made in 1988 after that came the CLP in 92 and a race frame in 96

FREESTYLE MASTER

;D

Feck me, I thought this was a site about BMX history. Lost within the usual bickering and white noise in this thread is a decent bit of historical information. Shame that went through without much notice.  Seriously, I used to wonder why this site was such a closed shop, now I know. Get over it and enjoy the dudes cool bike.

I have alot of History on Peregrine but I See Peregrine Gets no love

But Then I see Peregrine Cranks and Super Pro;s go for crazy money at least here in the States they do...

Here is Mike Loveridge who rode for Peregrine on the Kuwahara loaded with Peregrine Parts it was a Peregrine ad...

And also a RARE Advertised but never seem Peregrine Bashguard,

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:42 AM by FREESTYLE MASTER »

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
has anyone ever seen a Nun in a supermarket  ???

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:

I've seen Blue Nunn......does that count  ???
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

FREESTYLE MASTER

Hmmm, No but I seen two Nuns in the Super Market

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:

Its the RAREST to me they probably never be a RAREST Ever its a matter of opinion

That was kind of my point  ;)

It is indeed a rare bike. There are lots of rare bikes about as loads have been lost which makes them rare, but yours is just a rare bike as i doubt many were sold. Which makes it a bit of an oddity. But still rare non the less.  :daumenhoch:

;D

Feck me, I thought this was a site about BMX history. Lost within the usual bickering and white noise in this thread is a decent bit of historical information. Shame that went through without much notice.  Seriously, I used to wonder why this site was such a closed shop, now I know. Get over it and enjoy the dudes cool bike.

Amen to that.  :4_17_5:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Yep - Dom said it  :daumenhoch:

That Peregrine bashy is a thing to own no doubt... never seen another pic other than that  :angel:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
I have a fair bit of history on Taka Nieda and his trading company TEEL in New Jersey. They were an agency that brought US Brands and Asian factories together. TEEL Owned Peregrine and suprise suprise, lost of Peregrine parts began appearing on Haro Sports and masters from 85 onwards. There were some very dodgy dealings in that period and a RICO Court case.

;D

Feck me, I thought this was a site about BMX history. Lost within the usual bickering and white noise in this thread is a decent bit of historical information. Shame that went through without much notice.  Seriously, I used to wonder why this site was such a closed shop, now I know. Get over it and enjoy the dudes cool bike.

I have alot of History on Peregrine but I See Peregrine Gets no love

But Then I see Peregrine Cranks and Super Pro;s go for crazy money at least here in the States they do...

Here is Mike Loveridge who rode for Peregrine on the Kuwahara loaded with Peregrine Parts it was a Peregrine ad...

And also a RARE Advertised but never seem Peregrine Bashguard,

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

deeman

That's an awesome looking freestyler dude,I can't wait to see some pics of the bike built up.Do you know if it has different geometry to the expert/pro,or is it more or less the same frame but with the loopy platform above the rear brake?Be sure to get some pics up when it's built :daumenhoch:

leehunt1

;D

Well Said..!! :daumenhoch:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
think costa has put it in a nut shell. a prototype is exactly what it says on the tin ..............a PROTOTYPE . but Rare is something that is sold as a finnished product. and if only 1 , 2,3  still exist today that makes it rare .owning a Prototype of anything is obviously very special in its own right.  but the title of this thread is..................................... "what is the RAREST FREESTYLER." what about a thread " who owns a piece of BMX PROTOTYPE HISTORY  :coolsmiley: 

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
seems there is the odd person idly chucking insults about and the person trying to clarify things is as opinionated as the people he is obsessing about. people ! who'd have em ?

griff

seems there is the odd person idly chucking insults about and the person trying to clarify things is as opinionated as the people he is obsessing about. people ! who'd have em ?

All I did was suggest that there are probably other equally rare examples out there bobbbbs, at no stage did I insult anyone
Don't want to take anything away from the Peregrine, it's a fine bike to have in any collection and rare as fook - just making a simple point that has been made already in other threads on the subject of rarity

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
i did nt mean you bro ! i know you are anything but aforementioned label !  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Rarest Freestyler Ever to me...LOL, Like it Or NOT ~ Never Seen till NOW

gfxgfx
gfx gfx