gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 07:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Rarest Freestyler Ever to me...LOL, Like it Or NOT ~ Never Seen till NOW
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Rarest Freestyler Ever to me...LOL, Like it Or NOT ~ Never Seen till NOW  (Read 17777 times)

FREESTYLE MASTER

This was Peregrine's Flag Ship Model the Peregrine B1 XT,

This is BMX's most Rarest Freestyler, and there's lots of them depending on what your into brand name,style etc. ( Like it or NOT ) Never seen till now I was on a fie year hunt an almost gave up,
I have had it all form Peregrine Expert, to Expert Pro's Peregrine CLP, and a Peregrine B1 I recently sold to a member here.

But fast forward back to a Year ago I picked the frame up from a good friend of mines in Argentina,
I been collecting Peregrine parts for about 4 year and 1/2" so I had had all the parts to build this baby up.

When my friend Mefisto  contacted me he told me his friend had a Peregrine B1 XT I told him no way he said yhea its here in Argentina Sure nuff it was a Peregrine B1 XT at last my Holy Grail...

This Frame/Fork originally were in JAPAN
from a kid who his dad was transferred to, Buenos Aires - Argentina.
After some years Family goes back to Japan leaving behind the F/F in a warehouse
a friend found the F/F there abandoned and ask the security guy if he can pay some for it
the guy said yes...(of course, this is Argentina)

Know some of you may agree and some of you may disagree but I will built her Excalty as the Catalog Picture below

The most Expensive bike in 1988

Hope you guys Enjoy...

Thanks ~ smile

MEFISTO
DJhoudini
Southrider
Citywok
General Hustler
DannyWhac
pkripster

OG Chrome on the frame and fork in Excellent Condition.
Anlun Stem Survivor, Survivor 1st Gen Q-Bars with the flat Ends

And the Following Parts for the build

NOS Peregrine Tires
NOS Peregrine Jaws Calipers
NOS Peregrine Levers
NOS Peregrine Twister Rotor
NOS Peregrine Seat
NOS 2nd Gen Cranks
NOS Peregrine Sprocket
NOS Peregrine Grips
NOS Peregrine Axle Extenders
NOS 1st GEN Peregrine 48's Rims/Hubs
NOS Headset
NOS Black Peregrine Grips
NOS Peregrine Axle NUTS
NOS Black Peregrine Universal Axle Pegs

*Updated*

NOS Anlun BB Found

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 06:40 PM by FREESTYLE MASTER »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: The Rarest Freestyler Ever, Like it Or NOT ~ Never Seen till NOW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Happy Blinging Christmas, great find. :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:26 PM »
I can't see pics of the build ?

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 02:33 PM »

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 02:42 PM »
 :4_17_5:

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Wow that looks goooood!

Looking forward to seeing this.

griff

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Very nice indeed, but you can't call it 'rarest' after showing us a scan of the ad showing it for sale to the general public

E.g. Kappy's prototype DP is a one-off, I'm sure the chaps on here could reel off a list of other one-off freestylers

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 03:17 PM »
ive no idea how rare this bike is compared to other freestyler . what i do know is 4 and a half years collecting parts is pure dedication  :daumenhoch: looking forward to seeing her built up  :4_17_5:

Griff dont think Kappy has that prototype any more. but when you say the words "rare"  in Kappys terms anything he keeps longer than 2 monthes is RARE  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 03:33 PM by Badbaldie »

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 03:18 PM »
Very nice indeed, but you can't call it 'rarest' after showing us a scan of the ad showing it for sale to the general public

E.g. Kappy's prototype DP is a one-off, I'm sure the chaps on here could reel off a list of other one-off freestylers

Exactly and only ONE Ever seen, Show be another one, MATE

Same as the Powerlite Freestyler for Sale to the public and till today Have not seen one...in a UK Magazine Ad

And as far as calling something RARE VDC Freestylers are called RARE and I seen about 8 of those...

Absolutely as RARE as it Gets
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 03:22 PM by FREESTYLE MASTER »

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 03:24 PM »
ive no idea how rare this bike is compared to other freestyler . what i do know is 4 and a half years collecting parts is pure dedication  :daumenhoch: looking forward to seeing her built up  :4_17_5:

Griff dont think Kappy has that prototype any more. but when you say the words rare  in Kappys terms anything he keeps longer than 2 monthes is RARE  :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks, Appreciate the comment  :)

griff

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 03:27 PM »

Same as the Powerlite Freestyler for Sale to the public and till today Have not seen one...

Wasn't knocking the bike at all, but just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean there aren't a few tucked away somewhere in private
If someone's going to take the trouble to advertise something for sale in a magazine it's not the biggest leap of faith to assume that they bothered to make more than one. Maybe Mr peregrine could confirm it for you?

The thing about kappy's prototype DP was that by its very nature it was a total one-off and came with some concrete provenance

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 03:36 PM »

Same as the Powerlite Freestyler for Sale to the public and till today Have not seen one...

Wasn't knocking the bike at all, but just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean there aren't a few tucked away somewhere in private
If someone's going to take the trouble to advertise something for sale in a magazine it's not the biggest leap of faith to assume that they bothered to make more than one. Maybe Mr peregrine could confirm it for you?

The thing about kappy's prototype DP was that by its very nature it was a total one-off and came with some concrete provenance

Understood, and am not saying your knocking me,

But the advertisement was simple words from a BMX company selling bikes like a mom and pop shop advertising in a Magazine so no money spent, as far as big money

Like Peregrine did for Advertising the Peregrine Expert the Expert Pro and The Peregrine CLP.
But it was featured in there Catalog

Just like the Powerlite Freestyler ( Diffidently a RARE Bird in my book and in others )

I spoke with the owner of Peregrine Mr. Tadia Nida he is about 74 years old now, but that was way before I found the Peregrine B1 XT  I doubt he would remember how many where made, but it would be a nice try to call him back and ask him.

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 03:37 PM »
gonna be lovely !

i was thinking the same as griff to be fair !

we are glad you are happy and have your holy grail and are obviously very passionate about it but huge claims will always get mixed replys !  :daumenhoch:

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 03:39 PM »
gonna be lovely !

we are glad you are happy and have your holy grail and are obviously very passionate about it but huge claims will always get mixed replys !  :daumenhoch:

Its kool I understand

I have my Hater Blockers on  :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks for the comment

DP are nice and I love lots of UK freestylers espically the Curtis,

But DP is not Big here in the States with all due respect,

I think we would have to agree to this agree as Peregrine is more widely known

As Especially since it was made by the Anlun Factory
The Anlun Factory sent  Tadia Nida to New Jersey to make negotiating easier between the US and Taiwan.

The made bikes for Haro,Redline, Air Uni, and General...
In the mist of all this Tadia Nida Trademarked the name Peregrine, I guess this how the Peregrine parts came easily on the General and Haro High End bikes like the Team Master and the General Hustler Pro's.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 03:47 PM by FREESTYLE MASTER »

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Yep looks the nuts and will be a very nice build..... :daumenhoch:

But...'Rarest Freestyler Ever' is a very bold statement to make.  ???

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 03:45 PM »
gonna be lovely !

Its kool I understand

Thanks for the comment

well get your reality blockers on to ! oops you already did :LolLolLolLol:

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 03:48 PM »
gonna be lovely !

Its kool I understand

Thanks for the comment

well get your reality blockers on to ! oops you already did :LolLolLolLol:

I love the UK Guys  :LolLolLolLol:

Diffidently the RAREST to me

griff

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 03:50 PM »
Wasn't 'hating' on you at all, as I said twice already it's a very nice bike and I'm also glad you're happy with it
But as bobbbbsy said it was a rather huge claim to make on a forum full of BMX experts*

*not me  ;D

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Wasn't 'hating' on you at all, as I said twice already it's a very nice bike and I'm also glad you're happy with it
But as bobbbbsy said it was a rather huge claim to make on a forum full of BMX experts*

*not me  ;D

UK Experts  :LolLolLolLol:

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 03:54 PM »

*not me  ;D

Change the title, Hope you can sleep at night  :Great_Britain:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Let he who is without rarity cast the first stone  :LolLolLolLol:

yes i am watching the the greatest story ever told on channel 5  ;D
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Let he who is without rarity cast the first stone  :LolLolLolLol:

yes i am watching the the greatest story ever told on channel 5  ;D

Chane the Channel Bud

MTV's on

FREESTYLE MASTER

Sorry guys I spelled his name wrong

Here are some pictures he sent me this him back in the 80's when Anlun sent him to the States

Tadia Nieda ( Short guy on the far right of this 1st Picture )

And the second picture is with Him and the orignal Owner of Kuwahara then Howie on the far Right who then bought Kuwahara then sold it.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:01 PM by FREESTYLE MASTER »

griff

Clearly you are missing the point I'm trying to make
Regardless of how desirable/expensive etc something is, it can't be rarer than anything else of which only one exists

Except of course for the bike that I was riding in my dream last night, not only did it allow me to clear the coping by 10 feet it also increased the girth of my penis by 50% and made me a more powerful, yet sensitive lover

FREESTYLE MASTER

Clearly you are missing the point I'm trying to make
Regardless of how desirable/expensive etc something is, it can't be rarer than anything else of which only one exists

Except of course for the bike that I was riding in my dream last night, not only did it allow me to clear the coping by 10 feet it also increased the girth of my penis by 50% and made me a more powerful, yet sensitive lover

Great Sounds like the Expert went ride up your Pie Hole That making the tube go so far in it increased the size of your penis, OUCH

Defiantly Hope you where dreaming

And Clearly you missed my Point something that is One of, is RARE till another one merges.

My comments where all made in fun its a site I have grown to love and have made many friends here ( No offense to now one here ).

If you wish to take it further am GAME
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:17 PM by FREESTYLE MASTER »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Rarest Freestyler Ever to me...LOL, Like it Or NOT ~ Never Seen till NOW

gfxgfx
gfx gfx