gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 05:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  freestyle comps
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: freestyle comps  (Read 1501 times)

motomagII

freestyle comps
« on: November 22, 2005, 06:38 PM »
can anyone remember regular freestyle and vert comps in leeds in late 80s .think they were gipton seacroft area .anyone got footage or anything from them .i know its a mega slim chance but hey you never know .

weston

Re: freestyle comps
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 07:25 PM »
no chance of getting any footage, i could beat 99% of those guys with my eyes shut back in the day. dont remember anyone having a video camera back then. i entered a few of those but didnt like those bumboy fearnville flyers. set of rich bullyboy  :Aresehole:'s

ligbee

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Fearnville flyers...

Forgot about them (until now). I went to watch a couple of comps they set up about 86 time, they were held outside a sports centre that way. The quaterpipe was about 3 foot wide.

Keep it Yorkshire.

ligbee.

weston

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 10:12 PM »
it was one of the plastic kelloggs quater pipe & kick turn ramps. they only started to get into freestyle comps as bmx ended. never liked them rich gay boys

motomagII

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 05:25 PM »
thats the one fearnville sports centre

Freeman Freestyler

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Me my and mate used to cycle over from Hunslet on Sunday mornings to compete in those freestyle competitions... Not everyone who attended was rich!!
I do have some photo's from that period.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  freestyle comps

gfxgfx
gfx gfx