gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 07:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  shipping tyres from the states
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: shipping tyres from the states  (Read 2866 times)

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
shipping tyres from the states
« on: December 26, 2012, 01:29 PM »
Hi guys, ive seen some white tyres in the states on ebay but the seller wont ship to the uk  :( .

Is there anyone out there that would do me the honours in order to get them back to the uk?

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: shipping tyres from the states
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Pm Don (Leatherman) - although he's in Canada, or Freestyle Master (on here or the Museum). Sure if you ask them nicely they'll receive and send for you.
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

griff

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Bloody imported tyres, coming to the UK and taking jobs from our tyres ....

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Bloody imported tyres, coming to the UK and taking jobs from our tyres ....

:LolLolLolLol:.....i know,discraceful isnt it!  It because all of our tyres have up'd sticks and moved to Australia lol

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Pm Don (Leatherman) - although he's in Canada, or Freestyle Master (on here or the Museum). Sure if you ask them nicely they'll receive and send for you.

Ah cheers Dan  :daumenhoch: ...ill send a pm in a bit  :)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 02:05 PM »
yup US shop sellers don't always like to send  ::)  and if they do it cost a bomb  :shocked:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 02:22 PM »
I know yeah, naff aint it! The us seller on the bay (dana something or other) will ship a pair of tyres for 14 dollars......porkchop are about the same too so I dont understand what the drama is to be fair?

Rabdul06

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 04:59 PM »
The problem is that the USPS is crap. You cant get tracking outside of the US unless you use UPS/Fed-Ex etc which are a lot more expensive....!!! They also have so many requirements that vary from postie to postie, office to office and state to state that basically no-one in the USPS knows what the hells going on....

Im 100 miles from Canada and that may as well be on the dark side of the moon as far as the USPS is concerned ;D ;D

Obviously this leads to all sorts of drama when people don't get what they bought or lie or it does get lost etc etc etc ...

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 05:12 PM »
I use USPS priority mail international and always get the seller to post with this service. You get a tracking number and when it reaches the UK it is then given over to parcelforce and you get another tracking no. Sometimes I get customs charges, but if the seller marks them as gift and puts value at £30 or under, you get away with it.
I only buy from the US now if I'm getting a real bargain, otherwise its not worth the effort :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 09:14 PM »
So,what ya got Gav?A nice set of white Haro's?? :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 09:18 PM »
i use to import boxes at a time ,via flatlandfuel,patrick would sort everything

spesh on haro multisurface.

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 09:27 PM »

No not even anything as fancy as that im afraid....lol.

Ive been after some 1.75 white with gum/skinwall tyres for ages now for a Zippo Master that im doing, ive pretty much got everything I need now bar the tyres.....and you might know...I cant find any anywhere.  Rainers in Germany have got some Kenda's but after shipping and the tax that he adds at his end, they work out at about £90 a pair :(

So I wanted to go for these but the seller wont ship....ive PM'd Freestyle Master and were in the middle of sorting out a lil deal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290614413391'ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The seller isnt back until the 5th jan anyway so if anyone knows of a decent set, dont have to be branded or anything but need to be nice and clean....then let me know  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Gav,
i know the white tyre dilemma well!my mate recently built a street beat with these

http://www.flatsquirrelbmx.com/odyssey-frequency-g-tyre-in-white/

not old school but right size,colour and with a tanwall worth a look at the price :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 09:37 PM »
Hmmmm.....interesting!!  Thats not a bad price at all considering!

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 09:50 PM »
yup US shop sellers don't always like to send  ::)  and if they do it cost a bomb  :shocked:

Just like some bloody UK shops wont ship to the US

( I ship every where )

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 09:52 PM »

Ive been after some 1.75 white with gum/skinwall tyres for ages now for a Zippo Master that im doing, ive pretty much got everything I need now bar the tyres.....and you might know...I cant find any anywhere.  Rainers in Germany have got some Kenda's but after shipping and the tax that he adds at his end, they work out at about £90 a pair :(

So I wanted to go for these but the seller wont ship....ive PM'd Freestyle Master and were in the middle of sorting out a lil deal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290614413391'ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The seller isnt back until the 5th jan anyway so if anyone knows of a decent set, dont have to be branded or anything but need to be nice and clean....then let me know  :daumenhoch:

Just LMk

When your ready and I pull the trigger, I believe this seller also sell them in a pair ( set ) if you need two

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 10:00 PM »

Just LMk

When your ready and I pull the trigger, I believe this seller also sell them in a pair ( set ) if you need two

Awesome!!  Thanks for that  :daumenhoch: ....Just sent you a PM too

deeman

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Nice one Gav,I would go with those too.My mate probably would have if he had seen them.Bargain at that price and now accesible thanks to FREESTYLE MASTER who deserves big props. :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 10:14 PM »
I think im just gonna go with the Oddys to be honest....Just found them at £20 per tyre now and im quite impatient lol.  For what im gonna use them for they really dont need to be anything special.

Freestyle Master is a top bloke!!  Defo big props to him!!  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 10:23 PM »
I think im just gonna go with the Oddys to be honest....Just found them at £20 per tyre now and im quite impatient lol.
would
I can assure you they look the nuts.When I saw how white they were compared to my two builds(which both have old school white freestyle tyres on I was gutted!)Given the choice I would probably rather wait an extra 2 weeks or so for those cheng shins.They are more accurate.I am not a patient man either however! :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 10:39 PM »
I think im just gonna go with the Oddys to be honest....Just found them at £20 per tyre now and im quite impatient lol.
would
I can assure you they look the nuts.When I saw how white they were compared to my two builds(which both have old school white freestyle tyres on I was gutted!)Given the choice I would probably rather wait an extra 2 weeks or so for those cheng shins.They are more accurate.I am not a patient man either however! :daumenhoch:

Ah cool .....Well as it happens....Ive just ordered a pair  ;D ....Come on mr postman hurry up, its been ages now!! lol

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 10:49 PM »

Just LMk

ask one of us. i have some free time !  :daumenhoch:

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 12:05 AM »
I think im just gonna go with the Oddys to be honest....Just found them at £20 per tyre now and im quite impatient lol.  For what im gonna use them for they really dont need to be anything special.

Freestyle Master is a top bloke!!  Defo big props to him!!  :daumenhoch:
bargin  :shocked:have you got a link for the oddy tyres mate , :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 09:39 AM »
PM sent dude but i think theyve ran out now :( ...sorry chap

FREESTYLE MASTER

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 01:47 PM »

Thanks deeman & gavindavis

Another member PM'ed about the tires could you send me the link again so i can forward it to him he wants me to buy the tires and ship them to him I have no problem with that.

I just want him to see how mush the seller is selling them for,   Thanks Again :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  shipping tyres from the states

gfxgfx
gfx gfx