gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 07:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Big Gav's 2-Hip Big Boy Build - Finished
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Big Gav's 2-Hip Big Boy Build - Finished  (Read 15254 times)

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Big Gav's 2-Hip Big Boy Build - Finished
« on: December 22, 2012, 11:10 PM »
Right then, as a couple of people know....I bought Ed209's 2-Hip Big Boy set up off him a few months back when he managed to land himself a WAL.  I was in two minds whether to build it or not when I got it as it was probably more perfect than any bike ive had  :LolLolLolLol:

The Mrs soon talked me out of creating an awesome bmx wall for it to hang on, so I was left to either leave it in the box.....or get and build it.

Building it was now the only option  :daumenhoch:.....but funds kinda dictated it would take a little while....doh!

Robbo then announced to me that he'd got hold of one the same and was about to build his, spurring me to get my finger out and build mine :)

Its not quite finished yet, but its not far off.....just waiting for a few more bits :)

I also wanna say big thanks to a few fellow Radsters for selling me bits that made this build  :daumenhoch: ....ED209, Harris, Dannywhac, Brummie, Doublechevron and Robbo .... :daumenhoch:

So heres the spec so far:

2-Hip Big Boy Frame
2-Hip Supernatural Forks
2-Hip Stem
2-Hip Juice Bars
2-Hip Dank Pegs
Beartrap 2 Headset
Peregrine Crazy 95's
Kenda K55 Tyres
Profile Cranks with sealed BB
KHE Grind Disc with Stronglight Chainring and Odyssey Bolts
Dia Compe AD990 and FS990 brakes
Dia Compe Tech 77 Levers
ODI Toadstool Grips
KMC Chain
Powerlite Double Seatpost Clamp (Modified by boring through fully)
Viscount Dominator - Porkchop Edition
Odyssey Gyro 2 in Chrome

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:05 AM by GavinDavis »

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: Big Gav's 2-Hip Big Boy Build (In Progress)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 11:16 PM »
Very nice Gav  :daumenhoch:

Loving the crazies n'all :) What seat you thinking of going with?
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

pkripster

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:20 PM »
Where u get the bars tyres n pegs wiv da Munnella guy on lol

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 11:27 PM »
superb  :4_17_5:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 11:41 PM »
super bling thats some rig out   :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 11:54 PM »

Cheers dude  :daumenhoch:

Seat wise im still not 100% sure......Love the look/feel of a Dominator but technically its not true mid.  I might just go for it though  ;)

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 11:54 PM »
now thats a bit different and those wheels are just mad  :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 11:56 PM »
Where u get the bars tyres n pegs wiv da Munnella guy on lol

Bars - Ed
Tyres - US of A....on the bay
Pegs - Robbo

:daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 11:59 PM »
now thats a bit different and those wheels are just mad  :daumenhoch:

Thanks bud.....Theyre C C C Crraaaaazy  ;D  :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 12:01 AM »
super bling thats some rig out   :daumenhoch:

Thanks Dan!  :) .....I love it!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 12:03 AM »

Cheers dude  :daumenhoch:

Seat wise im still not 100% sure......Love the look/feel of a Dominator but technically its not true mid.  I might just go for it though  ;)

Go with the Dominator if you like 'em Gav  :daumenhoch:

Or try out a GT plaggy, there's a Big Boy with one here :)

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/2_hip/33172#.UNZJ9nfvE_Y
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 12:14 AM »
Looking good. Keep the updates coming.
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 08:19 AM »
Awesome Gav, gets me excited that I have one sitting in the cave.  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 10:24 AM »
Nice!

Look forward to seeing this at MK 13, will you be entering the bunny hop competition?

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Nice!

Look forward to seeing this at MK 13, will you be entering the bunny hop competition?

Lol....i think if I attempted a bunny hop on it I might be left with just the bars in my hands  :LolLolLolLol:

griff

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 10:30 AM »
Nice!

Lol....i think if I attempted a bunny hop on it I might be left with just the bars in my hands  :LolLolLolLol:

And a hernia  :shocked:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Looking great Gavin. I'm loving the mid school builds that are coming up on here.
Even though they are big and bulky I think they are great looking bikes. And all seem to tell a story when Haro and gt started to lose the plot. And all these great rider companies like S&M, standard, wal, 2hip, khe, morales, and hoffman come to the fore with new technology and bikes that had strength. A lot was learnt and designed over those years.  :daumenhoch:

Offline garran

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 06:54 PM »
really liking that one mate

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Looking great Gavin. I'm loving the mid school builds that are coming up on here.
Even though they are big and bulky I think they are great looking bikes. And all seem to tell a story when Haro and gt started to lose the plot. And all these great rider companies like S&M, standard, wal, 2hip, khe, morales, and hoffman come to the fore with new technology and bikes that had strength. A lot was learnt and designed over those years.  :daumenhoch:

Ah cheers Stu  :daumenhoch: ....I love it!!  I have to say, yes it does weigh a ton (and its not even finished lol) so it'l be interesting to see its final kurb weight  ;D

Im a massive fan of mid school....more so than any old school because mid was my era.  New school wise, as much as i love the ride and overall weightless builds (got one myself) ....I just find them boring in comparison.  The new school are built for a purpose, to make the amazing tricks that are being produced, easier for the already awesome riders.  But the frames, with exception to a few daring manufacturers.....all look the same.  In 20 years time, when a lot of the new school frame sets have been powdered and painted again and again, making the serial number invisible....no one will know what is what?  :LolLolLolLol:

Mid school oozed lots of style and individuality.....the only individuality of todays rides are the colours.  Quite sad that not many manufacturers want to stand out from the crowd, but end up being just as generic as their competitors.

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Like it  :daumenhoch:

Those wheels are mental  :crazy2:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 07:53 PM »
Sweet as

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 09:26 PM »

Ah cheers Stu  :daumenhoch: ....I love it!!  I have to say, yes it does weigh a ton (and its not even finished lol) so it'l be interesting to see its final kurb weight  ;D

Im a massive fan of mid school....more so than any old school because mid was my era.  New school wise, as much as i love the ride and overall weightless builds (got one myself) ....I just find them boring in comparison.  The new school are built for a purpose, to make the amazing tricks that are being produced, easier for the already awesome riders.  But the frames, with exception to a few daring manufacturers.....all look the same.  In 20 years time, when a lot of the new school frame sets have been powdered and painted again and again, making the serial number invisible....no one will know what is what?  :LolLolLolLol:

Mid school oozed lots of style and individuality.....the only individuality of todays rides are the colours.  Quite sad that not many manufacturers want to stand out from the crowd, but end up being just as generic as their competitors.
agreed, thats why i want one of the new Fiola frames

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 10:09 PM »
Do love a chrome quality build ozzeing style.

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 11:45 PM »
nice-always like wilkerson bikes-bit diff from the norm  8)
cool wheels
might have to look out for a stout boy next year -just seen the frame weight on these 8lbs  :shocked:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 11:55 PM »

agreed, thats why i want one of the new Fiola frames

Yeah the proformer is great for a new build, im loving the 24inch at the mo! Wish I had the extra cash to splurge

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Big Gav's 2-Hip Big Boy Build - Finished

gfxgfx
gfx gfx