gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 01:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Would you want to know if the restored bike you were buying had been welded?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Would you want to know if the restored bike you were buying had been welded?  (Read 645 times)

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
Since Ive been on this forum Ive seen som truly amazing builds. Bikes that in my opinion are of a higher standard then anywhere else. For me the process of restoration and bringing these pieces of BMX history back from the grave is the part I love the most. What Im interested to know is, if you were buying a beautifully restored bike from someone, would you want to know if it had been welded? Or would you be happy just to have it for what it is now? Similarly, if you had restored a bike and were selling it on, would you feel you needed to mention any welding / cutting done to the bike? or do you feel that if the job is done well enough its not worth bringing up?

*** I just want to add, Im not implying there is anything wrong with selling on bikes that have been welded / cut. I think its great the bikes are saved for the future. Im just interested to know where people stand on the issue of selling bikes that have had this type of work done. ***

Personally, if I was buying a bike I would want to know if such work had been carried out.  And if I was selling I would feel I should mention the work done. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:49 AM by midschooljon »
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Yeah i think even if you have had a master do a repair for you, any potential purchaser should be told in my book  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Jaypeg

Quote from: midschooljon link=topic=155584.msg1540484#msg1540484 date

Personally, if I was buying a bike I would want to know if such work had been carried out.  And if I was selling I would feel I should mention the work done. :daumenhoch:
+1  :daumenhoch:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Personally, if I was buying a bike I would want to know if such work had been carried out.  And if I was selling I would feel I should mention the work done.

+1

Without meaning to cause offence, I admire Steve and Ed's commitment to repairing the dp but if I bought that bike without knowing what it had been through I wouldnt be very happy.

griff

Personally, if I was buying a bike I would want to know if such work had been carried out.  And if I was selling I would feel I should mention the work done.

+1

Without meaning to cause offence, I admire Steve and Ed's commitment to repairing the dp but if I bought that bike without knowing what it had been through I wouldnt be very happy.

Especially after a heavy landing  :shocked:

deeman

I would definitely want to know,even if the bike was a show pony.I would always inform a potential buyer of ANYTHING that was not 100% right. :daumenhoch:

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
my ta was repaired by me and the buyer was told everything, and he was happy to get it minty  :daumenhoch:

after a small TT dent (my handy work)

crap pics......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Would you want to know if the restored bike you were buying had been welded?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx