gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 02:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ukai Speedlines
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ukai Speedlines  (Read 853 times)

N13L VV

Ukai Speedlines
« on: December 13, 2012, 03:50 PM »
Ok guys i have 3 black survivor ukai speedlines and i need a mint pair but am reluctant to get them reannod as i dont want to lose the lines that are cut in them . Can anyone re do these and still keep the silver lines in or how has everyone else got the lines back after resto ?    This has been holding my ET up for ages .  :-\

matsoki

Re: Ukai Speedlines
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 04:50 PM »
Please tell, I'm in the same situation with my Kuwi build......  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

leehunt1

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 06:19 PM »
Get a silver pen..! sounds daft but with a steady hand it works great..

N13L VV

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Get a silver pen..! sounds daft but with a steady hand it works great..

Thanks but not what im after . I want it as it should be with the line cut/scratched in .

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:01 PM »
You could try artists masking fluid in the groove. Its essentially liquid latex and can be pealed off when you are done. No idea how it will react to the anno?

My only other suggestion would be to anno the whole thing then grind a flat end on a bradall or something similar. If you carefully file a small burr on the flat edge it should "shave" the anno off. Fiddly job though  :'(
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

matsoki

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 09:22 PM »
I was thinking of geting them re-ano'd, then put them in a lathe to re cut the line.

But a 20" chuck is fooking huge!!!  :idiot2:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 10:52 PM »
I would try bath sealant or clear latex filler in the groove. Be sure to get it smooth to the rim though as the anno will not take to it and any overrun onto the rim will look silly once you removed it from the groove.

The other thing you could try is fill the groove with silver paint. When they are anno'd, it will not take to the paint so when you remove it after annodising, it will look good if any minute remnants of paint are left in the grooves  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

waza007

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 06:17 AM »
its only 16" on a lathe as 20" was the tire size.

Pioneer

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 08:09 AM »
I think a lathe is not on lads unless someone can swing 16 inches in a 4 jaw chuck  that can grip the outside of the rim.

There is no way of truing up a rim has a hop or a wobble.

It needs to be machined in a horizontal position.......

Would suggest clamped to a Mill table in a jig that spins and holds the shape of the rim so it's flat and round.

There is a piece of engineering equipment that is called a slot saw.....this will be the correct width

Just a thought  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ukai Speedlines

gfxgfx
gfx gfx