gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Crap paint but underneath...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Crap paint but underneath...  (Read 766 times)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Crap paint but underneath...
« on: December 12, 2012, 02:51 PM »
lets just say I have a frame set ,say an 85 orange streetbeat  :LolLolLolLol: , its been painted grey & looks to be just a rattle can job ,but underneath the grey paint  is the original orange enamel? finish. Will nitromors just remove the crap top layer?

ozone

Re: Crap paint but underneath...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 03:04 PM »
It will take the lot off.  Try some thinners.  That might soften up the grey paint if it's crappy cellulose type paint.   :-\

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 03:13 PM »
It will take the lot off.  Try some thinners.  That might soften up the grey paint if it's crappy cellulose type paint.   :-\

Im begining  to think that some of the original paint underneath may have been stripped in places like the drop outs anyway so fook it ill strip it bareback -back to bare i mean :LolLolLolLol:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 11:53 AM »

heres said bike,nitromors didnt even touch the paint is tougher then i thought.
It needs to be stripped right back i think.
Why you would do this to a streetbeat i dont know  :uglystupid2: I think some one had dark midschool plans for it.

ozone

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 03:40 PM »

heres said bike,nitromors didnt even touch the paint is tougher then i thought.
It needs to be stripped right back i think.
Why you would do this to a streetbeat i dont know  :uglystupid2: I think some one had dark midschool plans for it.

That's because the new batch of Nitro-Mors is crap - it has been health and safety-fied and they took the naughty chemical out which does all of the work.    :wtf: SBD uses Starstryp or something.

I'm OK, my local DIY shop has some NOS paint stripper out the back.   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Just spoke to a local guy ,hey can blast it and powder it for £60 so ill give him a go i think.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Crap paint but underneath...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx