gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Goose decals ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Goose decals ?  (Read 1056 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Goose decals ?
« on: December 08, 2012, 02:21 PM »
Mongoose Decals

I have some team goose decals and they have the original textured black print on them - the decals i took off the supergoose (they were dead and too far gone) are the same textured surface (bubble/dimple)

just got some from the bay and seller said they were bmx products made - trouble is they are correct in every way - colour is right - prism is right, but they just don't have the textured surface on the black part

so did all '82 prism decals come with a textured finish or did they also come smooth ?

cheers B  ???
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Goose decals ?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:00 PM »
 :knuppel2: BUMP
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

e5dcb

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:55 AM »
I don't think bmx product are making them as they did back in the day.

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 12:58 AM »
My Team one's came with the textured finish - these don't and are smooth ?

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 12:59 AM »
tough shit its 2012- deal with it !!  :crazy2:

e5dcb

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 01:04 AM »
Yep.
I bought some from the states from bmx products on eBay recently for my super and Cali.
The fork and front tube decal background colour is Gray. But all original frames I have the decal background colour is black.  
So I suspect what you have is recent prints from bmx products not original decals.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:06 AM by e5dcb »

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 01:07 AM »
it says on the site its reproduction scans. its not gonna be og sticker kits ! its 30 years ago  :D

e5dcb

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 01:23 AM »
I can understand the textured thing like the op is after. But for the likes of mine black ink or Grey. Del does them correct why can't bmx products do the same lol.

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 06:59 PM »
Just had a answer back from BMX Products - say that at the moment they don't have the textured/spotted black part - but the next bach they plan to add them - when this will be ? don't know, and guess it depends on when the rest are bought up

I wanted the textured set to go with my Team - I think they look better for having the textured part

cheers B  ;)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Andy I have a Team Mongoose set so I'll check if they are bumpy or not. If they are I will swap them for yours as I don't give a fook as long as they look right....... :2funny:

I'll get back to you tonight. Have you already removed the old set as Mat is after some shagged ones to go on his GrotGoose build and the ones I have are rotten?

Spen
Still limping......

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 07:10 PM »
My team decals are textured and reissues
the supergoose reissues are smooth
the old decals were dead and gone too far - had to come off
spen i need textured supergoose set
spoke to bmx products and he says all the supergoose decals in this batch are smooth - I asked if there would be any textured one's in the line coming soon

"The last batch cost me about $15k to make so not in the coming months.  Because the decals are screen printed,  I have to make quite a few to make them cost effective"

so it will be the smooth version for now  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Goose decals ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx