gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anyone else riding again in their 40s?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone else riding again in their 40s?  (Read 22021 times)

Sink

Re: Anyone else riding again in their 40s?
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2012, 02:12 PM »
I'm almost there, 37 in a couple weeks, i started riding again last summer,  started out just riding to work on a mid school GT, I hit my first skatepark and have since got a new school ride and visit local skateparks at least once a week, if the morning ride to work is good weather wise I have a sneaky 1/2 hour before work most mornings :LolLolLolLol:
I was no freestyler as a kid, but can do a lot more now than I could then, learning and gaining confidence every time :daumenhoch:

matsoki

« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2012, 04:50 PM »
I'm 41, and a couple of years ago I had my midlife crisis, and bought myself a couple of OS BMX's as projects..... a GT and Kuwi, Ive not finished either......  :(

But in the meant time I really wanted to ride again..... so I bought a a couple of used NS bikes, Sunday Funday, and a Redline Pro XL

I love them both, either track or skate park.........  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Even got my youngest into now, as I have got here a GT Expert, and she is slowly getting faster and faster.........

The wife thinks I'm a retard  :uglystupid2:  but I did point out that if I wasn't out on a bike I would be at home getting on her tits........  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

MY06RSVR

« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2012, 08:14 PM »
I would be at home getting on her tits........  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Sounds like fun to me :2funny:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2012, 08:17 PM »
was down Radcliffe skatepark at 8.30 this morning riding the only dry bits I could find  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

haro boy

« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Took my Gen 1 Haro over the ramps  yesterday with my 5 year old twins on their Scooters,
Young unz over there took the piss out of my massive  bars!! (Haro Vectors)!!

What do they know!! Ha

splodge

« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2012, 11:30 AM »

What do they know!! Ha

I'm often asked 'is that a BMX?' when riding my 85 Haro sport!   ???

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2012, 12:40 PM »

What do they know!! Ha

It would seem they know fooking ugly looking bars when they see em  ;)  ;D

haro boy

« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2012, 10:18 PM »

What do they know!! Ha

It would seem they know fooking ugly looking bars when they see em  ;)  ;D

How very dare you! They are delicious

Bamb

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2012, 11:54 PM »
I'm 45  ;D never had a bmx only a grifter !! i always wanted one but it didnt happen till my better half got me a anniversary aero pro for xmas  !!!I felt too old at skate parks but rode it everywhere , I've since built a few old school bikes and rebuilt the anniversary with nos parts .
My best mate is 40 and is great on a bike and tries anything , he asked if I fancied oldies night at DYNAMIX in Gateshead 7pm Sundays
So off I went and the place was very quiet , They have a big roll in into a foam pit which took me all night to dare ride down never mind jump in !! and was scared to wreck my pride and joy.
So Bought a 2012 we the people versus ( didn't realise they hire bikes for £3 ) for the 3 rd week and had a great time !Still cannot do any tricks , i cannot even bunny hop properly but the foam pit is great as you don't have to worry about landing !!  after 3 weeks of going i tried a backflip into the pit
That pic was about a milli sec before I landed on my head !! But was the best rush I've had in years. The people who go are great and encourage you to try!!
So if you are local give the place a go ,nobody cares what your like or how old you are as long as your having fun !!
Remember  there will be a time when you are too old  so until then fook 'em  I'm  having a great time with me mates !!!
Me mate at the pit ! The roll in doesn't look much but it looks like a cliff from the top

The bike that started me off

Me fave rider

My dynamix bike

Cheers
Bamb
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:39 AM by Bamb »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2012, 06:38 AM »

Pukka

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2012, 11:31 AM »
What are the odyssey tires? PM us the make model. Cheers
Facebook/Fr35Hair

FAZE3

« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2012, 08:41 PM »
I'm 45  ;D never had a bmx only a grifter !! i always wanted one but it didnt happen till my better half got me a anniversary aero pro for xmas  !!!I felt too old at skate parks but rode it everywhere , I've since built a few old school bikes and rebuilt the anniversary with nos parts .
My best mate is 40 and is great on a bike and tries anything , he asked if I fancied oldies night at DYNAMIX in Gateshead 7pm Sundays
So off I went and the place was very quiet , They have a big roll in into a foam pit which took me all night to dare ride down never mind jump in !! and was scared to wreck my pride and joy.
So Bought a 2012 we the people versus ( didn't realise they hire bikes for £3 ) for the 3 rd week and had a great time !Still cannot do any tricks , i cannot even bunny hop properly but the foam pit is great as you don't have to worry about landing !!  after 3 weeks of going i tried a backflip into the pit
That pic was about a milli sec before I landed on my head !! But was the best rush I've had in years. The people who go are great and encourage you to try!!
So if you are local give the place a go ,nobody cares what your like or how old you are as long as your having fun !!
Remember  there will be a time when you are too old  so until then fook 'em  I'm  having a great time with me mates !!!
Me mate at the pit ! The roll in doesn't look much but it looks like a cliff from the top

The bike that started me off

Me fave rider

My dynamix bike

Cheers
Bamb

That place looks amazing, I wish I lived near Gateshead, I'd defo give that a go ;) nice flip by the way ;)

Bamb

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2012, 10:17 PM »
Thanks !!
But it was only about 3/4 of a one then a neck bend  :P . I'm a bit more confident at it now , especially with my mates neck brace .
We 'll be there on Sunday trying  more stuff  I cannot do  ;)  but what the hell your only middle aged once !!
Dynamix is still getting put together and is not top class yet but the pit is awesome fun !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anyone else riding again in their 40s?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx