gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 06:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Quality NOS Parts Being Held Back from Uk Market ?????????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Quality NOS Parts Being Held Back from Uk Market ?????????  (Read 3779 times)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Re: Quality NOS Parts Being Held Back from Uk Market ?????????
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 10:45 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: now that would be funny !!!!

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

GT Jon

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 10:47 PM »
Had dealing with him and yes he's an  :Aresehole:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 10:48 PM »
as the diggler says the ozzies are the main buyers nowadays the recession hasn't really hit there  :shocked:

I can go with that  :daumenhoch:

they are offering HUGE wages out there  :idiot2:

Yup!  Just waiting for my offer to come through, be seein' ya lads!  :LolLolLolLol:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 07:01 AM »
Just looked on his Ebay page and he does ship to the UK?  Even though theres no doubting he's a tool...... have we got the right seller that was "un-named" at the start? lol.

Not According to this !  Checke his Ebay.au store....

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=NOS+BMX+SUNTOUR+POWER+STEM+MS+1100+BLUE+NEW+IN+BAG+PACKET+NIB+NIP+1982-3&_sacat=0&_from=R40

stu70

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 10:24 AM »
He has a UK ebay store as well.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/VERT-EGO

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 11:18 AM »
There are plenty people on this site that buy stuff purely to sell for profit that don't class themselves as a business and don't pay tax etc . Most people sell on here for a profit including myself . You win some you lose some . I'm not defending biaggio in anyway what I am pointing out is we shoul take a look at ourselves before we judge others .
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

ozone

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 11:56 AM »
There are plenty people on this site that buy stuff purely to sell for profit that don't class themselves as a business and don't pay tax etc . Most people sell on here for a profit including myself . You win some you lose some . I'm not defending biaggio in anyway what I am pointing out is we shoul take a look at ourselves before we judge others .

Well said.   :daumenhoch:  Some of the folks on here who call out profiteers also have eBay accounts where they charge top dollar for their wares.  They've also been known to split bikes themselves despite constantly bagging people who split for profit.  :police:

Biagio sold all of his decent stuff yonks ago anyway.  ::)

gossa

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 12:03 PM »

Well said.   :daumenhoch:  Some of the folks on here who call out profiteers also have eBay accounts where they charge top dollar for their wares.  They've also been known to split bikes themselves despite constantly bagging people who split for profit.  :police:

Biagio sold all of his decent stuff yonks ago anyway.  ::)

Agree, he doesn't seem to have a lot of sexy stuff anymore.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 12:44 PM »
I've dealt with the guy a number of times. Yes, his website needs updating. A lot of what he advertises isn't in stock, that is just shabby housekeeping.
I had a Shimano brake set off him and it arrived scratched, when informed he was happy to exchange it. He checked his stock but unfortunately the 3 other sets he had were scratched too.
He had no hesitation in refunding me in full. Additionally, I approached him for a trade of tyres. He was advertising 24" Cheng Shin, the same as I have on a build which I am copying.
He took my Comp III in exchange. Maybe he got the better end of the bargain but it helped me out no end.
Yes his prices may be high, but so are some people's on here. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
If he's hoovering up the stock at MK who's fault is that? The buyer or the seller? Just a question before I get stoned in public!
Didn't this year's stock get hoovered up too?

I am neither condoning nor condeming. We live in a free world. 
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

monkian

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 12:52 PM »
I've sold a bit of stuff on Oz but not on ebay.
Unfortunately for me, this is a hobby that has to pay for itself but there's various reasons some parts tend sell quicker or fetch a bit more than in the UK...
Australian bikes maybe came with different parts, other parts were more common BITD than over here. Once you factor in shipping costs, fees and the exchange rate some parts actually work out around the same as if selling on here but just sell quicker. I've had crank sets on here that didn't sell but got snapped up in Oz. On the other hand, some stuff just isn't worth shipping because of the costs. I've also picked up a few bargains on Oz that I've needed and found stuff I've struggled to get hold of over here. Swings and roundabouts really from my perspective and I like what Nick just said but I can see how some people could take the wee wee.

Generally the economy is stronger at certain times of the year, although I've noticed prices have come down over recent months and it's definitely slowing up a bit now.
China seems to be exporting more and importing less so this is having an effect on the bigger picture over there.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:56 PM by monkian »

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 06:42 PM »
FFS, not this old bollocks again...
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 07:09 PM »
Rock chick male/female supplied my EZ2 bars and rear standers. Bars took a prod to get sent out, but standers didn't.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 10:53 PM »
Hey I'm not against anyone making a buck or two..... but it's all about attitude... Mark at Retrospectbmx, for example,  is a cool guy in comparision who still makes a profit... Mark often has put me in the direction of parts I've needed even if it meant that he missed out on a sale/money from me...because of that I always go back and put trade his way wherever possible.

In comparison I too have bought (over priced ) parts from biaggio when it's been a last resort.. and they have arrived and usually in good nick too...it's just that his attitude stinks.

I mean what kind of businessman tells a potential client about all the thousands of profit he's made in recent months....it's just stupid and muggy c**tish :uglystupid2:...
biaggio's attitude stinks thats all... we don't have to do business with him....

.....you pays your money and you take your choice 

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Hey I'm not against anyone making a buck or two..... but it's all about attitude... Mark at Retrospectbmx, for example,  is a cool guy in comparision who still makes a profit... Mark often has put me in the direction of parts I've needed even if it meant that he missed out on a sale/money from me...because of that I always go back and put trade his way wherever possible.

In comparison I too have bought (over priced ) parts from biaggio when it's been a last resort.. and they have arrived and usually in good nick too...it's just that his attitude stinks.

I mean what kind of businessman tells a potential client about all the thousands of profit he's made in recent months....it's just stupid and noo-nooish :uglystupid2:...
biaggio's attitude stinks thats all... we don't have to do business with him....

.....you pays your money and you take your choice 

Good smoke screen...now tell us who you really are...!  :D

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2012, 11:43 PM »
 :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: lmfao

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 09:11 AM »
love owt like this me  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 10:44 AM »
All the good stuff is tucked away.........

And not for sale

::)

deeman

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 11:19 PM »
I neede a freewheel recently.Biaggio had 'em on his website at a surprisingly reasonable price but i still would not put a penny in the tw@ts pocket.I managed to get one on the bay from holland a pound or so cheaper landed.I am quite proud to say i have been involved in building 5 or so bikes now without having to resort to buying anything off him!Only a newbie would pay his prices.I have been tempted at times in the past.Experience teaches you that EVERYTHING comes up eventually!This game is not only one of deep pockets but equally of patience too,both of which i am considerably challenged!! :daumenhoch:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50 AM »
I attempted to buy several things of Biagio quite a few times (directly from his website and before I knew his reputation) and he just refunded me every time saying he was out of stock?  Yet even months down the line he has still got them up for sale? lol.

I found out the same thing last week, I brought a Sugino chain ring direct from their website for £33 only to get an email telling me that they were out of stock, the frustrating thing is that it's still for sale on ebay for (((£40))))  do they think we don't shop around???????? :wtf:

Think I'll swerve in future.

JT71

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 01:54 PM »
its that same old boring argument isn't it, you're happy to pay silly prices for some old 80s tat from a "good old boy on RAD" but not to a business man.

it's all only worth what you are willing to pay and ALL of it is over priced crap, and let's be honest most of us only had burners anyway bitd!

just my opinion like. (and yes i made a few quid doing it myself)

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 04:51 PM »

Speak for yourself, Personally I dont think I've made money on anything I bought and moved on. ok I'll try and get back what i paid for the item in question but generally finish up making a small loss, Christ I sold a CW Freestyle Stem with all parts and original wedge to Steven (Hiro Tonka) for £18 shipped  :crazy2:
This isn't  a dig at you Crazy cuase i know you are a longtime collector and probably bought a lot of parts maybe 10 years ago and now you are letting go at current prices....thats not profit mate, thats inflation  :LolLolLolLol: Its the "flipping" of parts in the space of a week to turn a profit that bugs the fook out of me   >:(

Biaggio is a business, not a hobby. Bottom line is we dont need to buy from him if we dont want to but if he has that Ellusive part the chance are you will.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:53 PM by Jamroll »

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 05:52 PM »
I've bought from him before and I'll probably buy from him again, if he has the part that I can't find anywhere else then that's the price I've got to (and will) pay or else I have wait for god knows how long before a cheaper one turns up. It's all about patience, of which I have none.
In my experience his service has been impeccable too. When I first started collecting he was very helpful in educating me on what I needed (not just to sell me stuff) unlike Alans who acted like a complete dick when I needed some guidance.
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Quality NOS Parts Being Held Back from Uk Market ?????????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx