gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Quick question !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Quick question !  (Read 907 times)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Quick question !
« on: November 24, 2012, 04:22 PM »
Hi,

Is it possible to have dents removed from a top tube & if not what's the general practice to repair before paint or chrome?

Thanks in advance !

Online oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Quick question !
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 04:26 PM »
Quick answer is brass braise and file level  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Thought so,

Thanks !!!!! :)

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 04:52 PM »
One on the museum reckoned when you had stem crimped bars, he filled the bottom of the bars with water, freezer, and expansion of frozen water pushed the dents back out. Would I try it, dont know, but food for thought.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

deeman

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 10:46 AM »
One on the museum reckoned when you had stem crimped bars, he filled the bottom of the bars with water, freezer, and expansion of frozen water pushed the dents back out. Would I try it, dont know, but food for thought.

Interesting!should work in theory.They all have big fridge/freezers out there though!I don't think a pair of bars would fit in my freezer! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Put dents all over the frame & say its how they were made.

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 11:46 AM »
think the bars would have to be full of water with the exception of a expansion gap and capped off. Don't think it works ??? Sounds good though :daumenhoch:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 12:01 PM »
think the bars would have to be full of water with the exception of a expansion gap and capped off. Don't think it works ??? Sounds good though :daumenhoch:
no, that wouldnt work on tubing, it is however how some motorcycle exhausts were made, welded 2 sheets at the seem, then expanded with water pressure, but not on pre-formed tubing  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Quick question !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx