gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rickman Freestyler (another one saved)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rickman Freestyler (another one saved)  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Rickman Freestyler (another one saved)
« on: November 30, 2012, 06:38 PM »
Got this on ebay a few weeks ago, Still looking for a set of Rickman bars , the previous owner swears he has some & he's delving in to his dads garage this weekend for me !
I'm not goig to be clever with the colour way, just keeping here pure white & honest.

Shot blasted this week (the guy at the place wasn't (David Bailey) to say the least

Powder coated today (got to be honest though I'm not happy with the finish, around the crank housing is pretty shit & pitted , think i'm gonna send it back to be re done.

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Rickman Freestyler (another one saved)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:41 PM »
looking sweet :) if that is the one i think it is, dont hold your breath for his bars as i have them  ;D

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 06:52 PM »
looking sweet :) if that is the one i think it is, dont hold your breath for his bars as i have them  ;D

Alrighty ! so where do you think this came from ????  I'll then know wether or not to breathe out :2funny:

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Alrighty ! so where do you think this came from ????  I'll then know wether or not to breathe out :2funny:

ebay seller called Tutners?

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 07:01 PM »

ebay seller called Tutners?

Phew No........ Aaaaaaaaaand Breathe.  :)   hopefully he'll find them if not I've got bars but will get some cw's as i want to make this just like my original (apart from the colour, mine was chrome).

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:03 PM »
 ;D just done mine with a raw finish and clear coat :) also noticed that your bottom bracket cups are still in and powdered over.. ?

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 07:26 PM »
;D just done mine with a raw finish and clear coat :) also noticed that your bottom bracket cups are still in and powdered over.. ?

Good spot, i asked him to take em out ! Grrr....

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Good to see another Rickman,i have one in grey primer ready to go when i can get it painted :daumenhoch:

And here is my replica of one i had back in the day :daumenhoch:

dan-dare

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 10:42 PM »
I like the original paint, but never mind....  :daumenhoch:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 11:46 PM »
I like the original paint, but never mind....  :daumenhoch:

"if i could have one chrome & one white i would"..... (Best fun i've ever had on 2 wheels".... Apart from when i broke my leg was in a wheelchair & the lads took me to legs 11  in Birmingham)!!!!

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 11:10 PM »
looked a good survivor before being stripped  :'(
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Gatters

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 11:45 AM »
looked a good survivor before being stripped  :'(

I agree, would have left as was and just ridden the wheels off it! (if it had some  :uglystupid2:)

Offline Rickman199

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 03:04 PM »

I agree, would have left as was and just ridden the wheels off it! (if it had some  :uglystupid2:)

i think the same its a shame to have took the og white of it, it would have looked good cleaned and built up!!! its  still nice tho  :)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 06:10 PM »

i think the same its a shame to have took the og white of it, it would have looked good cleaned and built up!!! its  still nice tho  :)

To be honest it looked better in the pictures than in reality, it needed stripping down believe it or not the new powder isnt as I'd like ( might get it chromed now, just like the one i originally had)... Still making up my mind.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rickman Freestyler (another one saved)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx