gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 02:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  mongoose hooligan
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mongoose hooligan  (Read 5562 times)

teamspicer

mongoose hooligan
« on: November 23, 2012, 08:21 PM »
picked this up last night took it for a little ride tonight feels nice and tight like its just come off the shelf apparently its been in a shed since 97  dont know much about them any info would be good cheers

Mdbh

Re: mongoose hooligan
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 09:08 PM »
A local bike shop had 1 of these! I wanted it so bad! I loved mongoose when I was a kid, really nice fella!:)

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 09:13 PM »
loads of similar frames like this around at that time but mongoose retained some style and kept the 2 main tubes separated instead of merging them before the head tube !  :daumenhoch:

oh and polish them letters off the cd player if you did nt see my other comment .. i would guess that is an add on ! will look much better not that it needs much help !  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 09:15 PM by bobbbbsy »

teamspicer

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48 PM »
bought it from sibots bmx  me boy bought himself a new school sunday
agree with the chain ring just had a closer look and its defo original might consider getting a black & silver sugino for the london ride

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 09:50 PM »
sugino spider ? nah, too old skool..is the seatclamp a mongoose item ?  :daumenhoch:

e5dcb

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Awesome fella very simular frame to the villian I'm building. Has it got the 14mm rear axle ? Think that was the only difference between the 2. Great nick too.

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Love the bike mate!!  Ive always had a bit of a soft spot for these :) ....I picked a Villain up off the bay some time ago with the intention of keeping it, when I got it home and had a closer look....the bloomin seatpost tube had been welded underneath so I ended up selling it :( .  Id like an honest one though!

teamspicer

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:46 PM »
 cheers fella's real happy with it. seat clamp is goose doesn't look like its ever been touched still got the original tyres on it too

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 10:55 PM »
Sounds like a really genuine little number you got there bud!  Fair play....Keep hold of it :) ....Unless of course you wanna sell it me  ;D

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 11:08 PM »
im realley starting to like mid & new school bikes! all that obsession with weight saving in the eighties seems to have gone right out of the window in the 90's (i wouldnt know at the time, i was floating round Tenerife) i mean 3 bolts for a seat clamp would have resulted in capital punishment back then-if it could be drilled, it was! :LolLolLolLol:
    i love the bashgaurds, the double bend performers, hoffmans etc, they look fantastic, but just to heavy to ride! ive got my mind made up, i gonna get myself a WTP Crysis as soon as i can find the pennies!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 11:15 PM »
im realley starting to like mid & new school bikes! all that obsession with weight saving in the eighties seems to have gone right out of the window in the 90's (i wouldnt know at the time, i was floating round Tenerife) i mean 3 bolts for a seat clamp would have resulted in capital punishment back then-if it could be drilled, it was! :LolLolLolLol:
    i love the bashgaurds, the double bend performers, hoffmans etc, they look fantastic, but just to heavy to ride! ive got my mind made up, i gonna get myself a WTP Crysis as soon as i can find the pennies!!! :daumenhoch:

racing took a back seat and everyone wanted to roll around on heavy freestylers with stunt pegs and silly seats!  ::) :LolLolLolLol:
nice to see racing having a resurgence !

teamspicer

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 11:29 PM »
its surprisingly light to be fair. as for the nineties spent most of them in germany aufweidersein pet and all that
we used to have a blinding track near us a load of parents got together and built it in the eighties went down there recently the start ramp been demolished
and someones put horses on there :knuppel2: shame my boys would have loved it can still make out the track even the table top is still visible

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 07:52 AM »
That is lovely, I think Stuntmaster has one of these in the same condition  :)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 09:19 AM »
very nice and yes do have a original one , the chainwheel is wrong but otherwize looks original , not all hooligan`s were 14 mm rear dropouts  as mine aren`t , they are lovely to ride as done a few london rides on it
no1stuntmaster on instagram

teamspicer

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 07:26 PM »
cant find a brand on the chainring have done a bit of a search and found images of the same but none fitted to a mongoose
 but it doesn't look like its ever been altered any idea or pics of what would have been fittted :)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 07:35 PM »
here mine i don`t know how to get the picture to open on page  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/hutch1970/100_0203rs.jpg

i got the original tyres and bars and grips to put on but have never done so , but saying that this came from shop like this new
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 07:39 PM »
here mine i don`t know how to get the picture to open on page  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/hutch1970/100_0203rs.jpg

i got the original tyres and bars and grips to put on but have never done so , but saying that this came from shop like this new

:daumenhoch:
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  mongoose hooligan

gfxgfx
gfx gfx