gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Starchem Synstrip advice please.,
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Starchem Synstrip advice please.,  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Starchem Synstrip advice please.,
« on: November 17, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Hi all, i bought a tub of this stuff after seeing the results in a members thread of how well it stripped powder coat off a f/fork's. I had a friend of mine doing the work for me as i am busy with work at the mo(& he wanted a little project for the dark evenings), he get's back to me saying it took 3hr's to strip the forks :shocked:. On the tech thread on here the member said it was peeling off nicely after 15min's, i suppose my question is.....does it take longer for it to attack some powder's or is there a better way than just brushing it on?

Any advice much appreciated fella's ;)

Buz :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Starchem Synstrip advice please.,
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 05:40 PM »
If I get stubborn bits of paint/powder then I lightly sand that area 1st so the synstrip can work its way in better.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 08:03 PM »
I've spoke with SBD before and he said some MTB use special coatings that are a nightmare.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 08:09 PM »
I've spoke with SBD before and he said some MTB use special coatings that are a nightmare.

what frame are you stripping?
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Hi Dan, the f/forks are an aero reflex that i bought off a fellow rad member, he said that you had powdered them for him about 5 yr's or so ago(the forks are white & the frame was similar to Haro green). I was looking to strip & send you're way sometime in the new year to get them painted lavender.

I was also looking to strip my 85 Master that you powdered for me 2yr's ago in dayglo orange, as i now wanna get chromed. Though i haven't attempted to strip that one yet. I'll have ago tomorrow on the Master & see if that strips off easier than the  Reflex.

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 11:04 PM »
If I get stubborn bits of paint/powder then I lightly sand that area 1st so the synstrip can work its way in better.

Cheer's Stidds, i'll give that little tip a go tomorrow.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 03:46 PM »

Can "Starchem Synstrip" be used to remove normal Spray Paint, as well as Powder Coat?  :)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 06:31 PM »

Can "Starchem Synstrip" be used to remove normal Spray Paint, as well as Powder Coat?  :)

It will remove anything basically  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Starchem Synstrip advice please.,

gfxgfx
gfx gfx